PDA

View Full Version : Facebook hack exposes personal info. Change your passwords.

Harold Mansfield
10-12-2018, 05:42 PM
The numbers for the Facebook hack keep changing and info about the severity of the hack keeps coming in.

Facebook reports that for 15 million of the affected users, those behind the attack gained access to two types of information -- their name and contact details such as phone numbers and email addresses. For 14 million users, attackers accessed much more information including name and contact info as well as other profile details like username, gender, location, language, relationship status, religion, hometown, current city, birthdate, education, work, places where they checked in or were tagged, website, people or Pages followed, recent searches and device types used to access Facebook.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/10/12/facebook-hack-exposed-private-information-29-million-users/

What I recommend is to at least PLEASE change your passwords. No, it won't go back and time and make this not happen, but there's no reason (If you are one of the 50 million) to keep letting the hackers come back and access your information at will, or worse, impersonate you to your connections or financial institutions.
Remember, for most of you this thing is also on your phone. The phone that you use for business.
I also recommend stripping your personal Facebook profiles of ALL information but that's for another thread.

Is anyone concerned about this? Or are you numb to hacked stories and this is just another one to throw on the pile?

Fulcrum
10-12-2018, 10:08 PM
I rarely use Facebook, never on my phone, and it's setup from a dead email account.