PDA

View Full Version : Google is shutting down Google+

Harold Mansfield
10-08-2018, 03:08 PM
It's death has been predicted and even suggested for years, but today Google finally announced that it's pulling the plug.

Google shutting down Google+ after exposing data of up to 500,000 users the search giant didn't disclose the vulnerability because it feared regulatory scrutiny, according to a report by the Wall Street Journal.
A vulnerability in the Google+ social network exposed the personal data of up to 500,000 people using the site between 2015 and March 2018, the search giant said Monday Google said it found no evidence of data misuse. Still, as part of the response to the incident, Google is planning to shut down the social network permanently.
https://www.cnet.com/news/google-reportedly-exposed-data-of-hundreds-of-thousands-of-google-users/

Functionally, Google+ is awesome. But for normal people it's confusing. I hate how Google tried to force associating with your blog posts and articles with your G+ profile, and frankly no one really used it. Even though I have multiple profiles and follow a lot of tech groups and people on it, they all also have Facebook and Twitter profiles and since that's where everyone else is, that's where I mostly see their stuff.
Is anyone going to miss G+?