PDA

View Full Version : Social Media Scheduling

FlipzSide
04-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Hey all. I'm trying to set up a schedule for posting on social media. I'm starting with Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, but even limited to those three it seems a daunting task. I'd like to have a system so I don't have to think too hard. Something like, marketing on Mondays, photography on Fridays, something funny on Sundays, etc.

Anyone organize their social media content this way? Any advice? Not every post needs to market my business, so long as my twitter feed isn't a ghost town.

Harold Mansfield
04-19-2018, 02:14 PM
I use Hootsuite to manage and schedule posts so that I can set them up when the ideas strike, and they go out when I set them.
It also has browser extensions and a mobile app with much of the same functionality. Many times I'll be somewhere checking news on Twitter and I'll set an article to retweet or post later from my phone.

One con is that with the new rules from Facebook and Twitter about limiting bots, is that you can't post to more than one account of the same platform. However, it still works well say if you're posting to a single profile across all the platforms.

It works with Twitter, Instagram, Facebook pages, Linked In and more.

They also have great social media classes and tutorial videos.

Costs about $10mo.
https://hootsuite.com/#

FlipzSide
04-19-2018, 02:19 PM
Can you post to different Facebook pages with Hootsuite? The reason I ask is that I'm an admin on two company pages on Facebook.

Harold Mansfield
04-19-2018, 02:25 PM
I assume you mean schedule posts to 2 different pages at the same time? You could for years. I haven't tried recently. Facebook has made a lot of changes in the last few weeks.

jeffscott
05-08-2018, 03:43 AM
I'm not against on social media scheduling but I still prefer manual and in time manner posting of content in different social media profiles.

Harold Mansfield
05-08-2018, 10:35 AM
With all the new changes on the platforms to combat bots, I'm finding the tools aren't very useful anymore. I used Hootsuite to schedule posts across multiple Twitter accounts and now you can't do that anymore. I used to share across multiple accounts at once...one of the best features, and you can't do that anymore either.

It has many other tools and features, but those were the ones I depended on most.