PDA

View Full Version : I just made a website from WordPress

Eric Schleien
04-17-2018, 03:42 PM
I actually just made a website from WordPress and I'm wondering if anyone sees something I could be utilizing better.
https://ericschleien.com/

Harold Mansfield
04-17-2018, 03:51 PM
I actually just made a website from WordPress and I'm wondering if anyone sees something I could be utilizing better.
Moving this to reviews for you.

Eric Schleien
04-17-2018, 03:55 PM
Ah perfect thank you.

evolvingdigital
04-17-2018, 05:55 PM
Hello Eric,

Can you give us a little more information on your website? For example, overall goal, target audience, and conversion info (i.e. specific action you want you visitors to take).

Obvious things like UX, Design, CTAs, HTML/CSS structure, and Performance looks fine. However, that's not really valuable feedback.

Paul
04-18-2018, 10:56 AM
I agree with evolve. What is the purpose of the site? What are you selling or promoting? If you are selling a book or training services I'd put that on page 1 with some "benefits" for the consumer. Although your bio is impressive, there is nothing that relates to your consumer/customer....if that's the point of the site.

Harold Mansfield
04-18-2018, 11:00 AM
I assume you're going for clean and simple, which I like. However it's a little too sparse. One of the most noticeable things is the featured area above the fold. It could definitely use a nice HD image that better represents either you, or who you are. As a State Rep, the obvious would be a nice image of you either at work, on the floor or on the steps of the capitol. Something like that sets it off and says it all.

Are you a sitting rep. Will this also function as a campaign website or just a personal site.

Tell us more about the website's purpose/goal.

turboguy
04-18-2018, 02:28 PM
There are also a few copy writing errors. For one thing on the biography page you have one paragraph break after the first paragraph and the rest of the paragraphs run together with no spacing. I see a few places that could use a little rewriting. Just as one example on the biography page you have this "the need to share ideas and thoughts that he creates and learns to the public." To me "learns to the public" doesn't sound right. I would have said either "teaches to the public" or "shares with the public"

Some of the other writing seems like it could be improved. Here is another that there really isn't much wrong with but I think it could be better.

On you home page you say. "Although being young, Eric Schleien has managed to enter into and become successful in multiple different fields of work.

If I were writing it I would say "Although young, Eric Schleien has entered and succeeded in multiple and varied fields of work."

FlipzSide
04-19-2018, 11:33 AM
Looks great at first glance. I would should a little more shoulder in your photograph because right now it looks a bit like a severed head. Not too much shoulder mind you because your face is still the focus. Also I would left justify any body text where you have it centred. Headlines are fine centred but it's hard to read when it's more than a couple lines. That's all I'd suggest for now.

SkyWriting
11-16-2019, 06:12 AM

A clear value-focused theme.