PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new!

Robert
09-18-2009, 09:28 AM
I've never been able to make a big introduction so all I can say is Hi, I'm new! My name is Robert (duh) and I want to start a small business soon. How was that?

Spider
09-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Welcome aboard, Robert.

What will your business be about?

Patrysha
09-18-2009, 10:40 AM
That was great! It left us wanting more...

No worries, I am sure we'll get to know you in time.

Welcome to one of the best forums on small business in the world :-)

Spider
09-18-2009, 10:46 AM
One of? ONE OF?!

THE best, surely!

vangogh
09-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Welcome to the forum Robert. I'm curious too, but I'm sure there will be time to get to know you more.

Thanks for joining the community.

cbscreative
09-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the big time compliment, Spider! Robert, you did just find a great forum, and as you go through the process of starting a biz, this place will be a valuable resource. There is a LOT of experience represented here, and it will keep you from making some of the mistakes I made when I started my first company back in 1986. Oh, how I wish this had been there back then.

bacterozoid
09-18-2009, 02:04 PM
Hi Robert! These folks helped me figure out how the heck to start a business. If they can help me, they can help anyone!

rezzy
09-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Ill keep it short and simple, welcome!

cbscreative
09-18-2009, 02:47 PM
I can do short posts, just not very often :)

Patrysha
09-18-2009, 02:52 PM
One of? ONE OF?!

THE best, surely!

Yes, one of...sorry but y'all just don't talk enough to keep me occupied when I am hitting my forums. There are three I frequent every day...two strictly business and one only partly business...plus a few I drop in on occasionally.

This is the best general interest small business marketing forum, the other is the best in another category :-)

Robert
09-18-2009, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the welcoming everyone!

A bit more about me: I'm 21, I like video games, I'm trying to get enough money to buy a home (although that may take awhile) and to quote Mr. Krabs "I like money".

Welcome aboard, Robert.

What will your business be about?

I have no idea. I guess I would like to sell stuff. I like the idea of hyping products and persuading people to buy them... perhaps I should think about a job in advertising.

vangogh
09-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Sounds like marketing is what you want to do. You could set up an affiliate business online. Basically you'd be driving people to other people's products and getting a % of the sale if that person goes on to buy something. Your job would be getting people to visit other sites via your affiliate link. It would give you the opportunity to market your site and the affiliate product without having to deal with the inventory, shipping, payments.

You'll still need to figure out what you'll want to promote. The ideal products will relate to a topic you're interested in that also have revenue potential.