PDA

View Full Version : A Survey On the The Importance of Taking a Business-related Course in College in Purs

andrewdmad
03-25-2018, 02:23 PM
Greetings! I need help garnering responses for my survey. All the details can be found on the attached Google Forms link. Your response will be greatly appreciated. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1JJMdJQ49MTnlVAO8DhLTjg6Luo5YJrmNe3nc02WZCyE/edit

vangogh
03-25-2018, 08:40 PM
Done. I'm not sure how helpful my answers will be. Your survey assumes people who are in business went to school to study business. I think you'll find most people here didn't. Some probably did, but many didn't go to college and many who did, like myself, studied other things. I think I took one class in microeconomics and the only thinks I remember from the class was a supply/demand graph and a humorous and drawing our teacher made.

Harold Mansfield
03-31-2018, 11:50 AM
I agree with VG. A lot of your questions are mandatory yet many don't apply to most business owners across the board. For instance I didn't graduate college, and had no idea in college that I would one day run my own business. My experiences after high school were the military, some college and working in different areas of hospitality and sales. Those experiences were invaluable to me and no college course could have taught them.

You should make all of your questions optional, and provide fields for additional info that doesn't fit into your structured questioning. I think you'll get a lot more diverse information that is helpful.

Also a good lesson in business. Structure is good, but always be prepared to roll with the punches. It's how you handle the unforeseen variables that make all the difference.