PDA

View Full Version : Need to advice to get traffic

b2bmarketing
09-11-2009, 07:42 AM
Hi all,

I am optimizing a website through search engine. What is the effective way to get more traffic for a website? If any suggestion or ideas about it please share me.

Thankful to your feedback.

vangogh
09-11-2009, 11:49 AM
That's a very general question so I'll give you a very general answer.

Build a good site that real people want to visit and want to recommend others visit. Also spend some time learning the basic principles of seo. You can read some of the posts here in the search engine optimization forum, subscribe to a few seo blogs, read a book about seo, try things and see what happens, etc.

billbenson
09-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Ya, we'd need to know what your knowledge base is, what kind of site you have ie do you sell products or is it informational etc to give you more information.

b2bmarketing
09-16-2009, 08:29 AM
Thanks for advice. I have B2B Website and optimizing it through search engines.

cbscreative
09-17-2009, 10:45 AM
Your posting style suggests that English is not your native language. Did you write for the site you are optimizing or are you only trying to optimize it? Like vangogh said, the site has to appeal to humans before SEO is useful. If it is not professionally written by someone with a good mastery English, the SEO will yield very disappointing results. I don't envy you at all if you are learning English, it has to be the most difficult language on the planet. I'm very strong in my English skills and still struggle in a few areas (e.g. using effect vs. affect can be maddening at times).

Patrysha
09-17-2009, 09:33 PM
That's not the worst of it...not even otherwise wonderfully competent professional writers are not capable of sales-oriented copywriting.

In fact, it can be hard to unlearn some of the habits you pick up as a writer in order to write copy that really hits the target market in such a way as to compel them to reach for their wallet.

It's learnable - but it's not easy.

cbscreative
09-17-2009, 10:28 PM
That's not the worst of it...not even otherwise wonderfully competent professional writers are not capable of sales-oriented copywriting.

In fact, it can be hard to unlearn some of the habits you pick up as a writer in order to write copy that really hits the target market in such a way as to compel them to reach for their wallet.

It's learnable - but it's not easy.

Very good point!

greenoak
10-01-2010, 07:19 AM
and you should try and have the most interesting product possible..is it good enough to bring in buyers? ..if its boring or you are in too big of a field then they probably wont come no matter how good your marketing parts are...

SEOHelp
10-04-2010, 01:23 PM
That is a very broad question and hard to answer as there are many, many great ways to market your online business. I would suggest that you do a web search for SEO and SEM - that might be able to get you going in the right direction.

It is much better to have customers searching and finding you thus they are more likely to convert into sales.

Good Luck!