PDA

View Full Version : Valuable and Honest Feedback Would Be Greatly Appreciated

asen85
10-28-2017, 08:54 AM
Hey all,

I've been doing internet marketing and blogging since and year and a half now.
I would like to hear your opinion regarding my website funnyactionmovies.com
It is a movie blog revolving around action movies, reviews, news, facts and all kind of movie collectibles.
I am part of the Amazon Associates program as well so it includes affiliate links.
I would like to receive a feedback related to the overall functionality and user-friendlinness of the website as well as some words regarding the content (I am not a native US speaker so I have some concerns in that direction:p).
Anything else that comes to your mind that you think can help me improve the site would be highly appreciated!
Please be brutal and sincere in your feedback.
Many thanks!

Harold Mansfield
10-28-2017, 11:35 AM
I see you're using WordPress. Just a few quick thoughts...I would change template to one that features videos to show off clips and trailers more. It's a media blog, you need to feature the media. There are also far better promotional images out there than what you are using.

Not sure if they still have it but Fandango used to have an affiliate program. I'd look into it and you can review current movies as well and place your affiliate link to buy tickets now for theaters close to your readers. You can check into a movie with a phone now. That also opens up a whole lot more content to blog about including special showings, IMAX stuff and so on.

There are also other streaming movie platforms like Movies Anywhere, Stars, Vudu and so on. Some of them may also have affiliate programs.
Also, you don't have to just write about things that you can sell. Write about any move like Netflix and Hulu originals. They used to have affiliate programs too.

The good thing is that movie clips and trailers are plentiful. You just need a better presentation. Amazon is great, but why limit yourself to only one source of movies?

asen85
10-29-2017, 05:05 AM
I see you're using WordPress. Just a few quick thoughts...I would change template to one that features videos to show off clips and trailers more. It's a media blog, you need to feature the media. There are also far better promotional images out there than what you are using.

Not sure if they still have it but Fandango used to have an affiliate program. I'd look into it and you can review current movies as well and place your affiliate link to buy tickets now for theaters close to your readers. You can check into a movie with a phone now. That also opens up a whole lot more content to blog about including special showings, IMAX stuff and so on.

There are also other streaming movie platforms like Movies Anywhere, Stars, Vudu and so on. Some of them may also have affiliate programs.
Also, you don't have to just write about things that you can sell. Write about any move like Netflix and Hulu originals. They used to have affiliate programs too.

The good thing is that movie clips and trailers are plentiful. You just need a better presentation. Amazon is great, but why limit yourself to only one source of movies?

Hi Harold and thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it!
You are saying that there are better promotional images out there that I can use.
I know that but the thing is that when it comes to movie materials and especially quaility images, they are copyright protected. That is why I am a bit limited in that sense.
I know that many fellow bloggers who are in the same niche are using images from whenever they can get them but I read that this is a severe copyright infringement. Do you have an idea how can I overcome this?
In regards to the wordpress template, maybe you are right too. I will think in that direction and try at some point change it to a better one.
Also I totally relate to what you say about using other affiliate programs and I will do something about it for sure.
Once again many thanks for the feedback! :)

Harold Mansfield
10-29-2017, 01:34 PM
Hi Harold and thank you for the feedback. I appreciate it!
You are saying that there are better promotional images out there that I can use.
I know that but the thing is that when it comes to movie materials and especially quaility images, they are copyright protected. That is why I am a bit limited in that sense.
I know that many fellow bloggers who are in the same niche are using images from whenever they can get them but I read that this is a severe copyright infringement. Do you have an idea how can I overcome this?

Every movie, TV show....every piece of entertainment that comes out has a press or promo pack that they distribute to the media. Sometimes you can find a downloadable press pack on the website, sometimes all you have to do is ask and they will send it to you. You should contact every movie, entertainment marketing, and distribution company you can find and let them know that you want all of their press, and they will send you everything. A simple email to the right person will do it. They will send you more than you know what to do with.

For older movies it may be harder. Sometimes you can just search for the movie and "promotional images" and you may find an images that leads you to a link to the promo area of the website. When older moves are released for streaming or DVD sales there's another round of press for it.

In regards to the wordpress template, maybe you are right too. I will think in that direction and try at some point change it to a better one.
Also I totally relate to what you say about using other affiliate programs and I will do something about it for sure.
Once again many thanks for the feedback! :)

No problem.