PDA

View Full Version : Greetings From Richmond

koalatech
09-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Hey everyone, I wanted to introduce myself and my company. I am new to the forums but excited about the insight such forums can offer.

I own a small development and marketing firm called Koalatech, located in Richmond, VA. Our goal is to develop agency quality marketing, development and design at a price small businesses can afford.

I have been in the Web marketing industry since 1995 and have worked for several major advertising companies. Last year, I along with several people I worked with got together and pondered, why couldn't we do this with a lot less overhead for smaller companies. We wanted to develop for small companies because that really is where you see the biggest impact from your work. Dealing with companies like Coca-cola, aside from web trends, you really don't see if what you are doing really makes any difference.

So, we started Koalatech, and so far, it has been a huge success to our clients. The only challenge is convincing small businesses how important it is to have a real web strategy. Unfortunately, only the ones that get one really understand why it is important and how much of a difference it makes.

I was drawn to the forum as part of our research. I hope to be able to help out and ask questions as time goes on, but the main interest for me is to see what concerns small business owners and what works and what doesnt.

Anyhow, thanks for your time, I look forward to meeting many of you in the forums!

KristineS
09-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Welcome to the forum. We have a pretty good Marketing contingent here, so I'm sure you'll find some useful information and discussions.

vangogh
09-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Welcome to the forum koalatech. Feel free to share a first name if you want. Sounds like you're one of us. It's exciting to take the plunge and leave the corporate world to start out on your own. Seems like you have a good team too.

I hear you about small business owners not always understanding why they need a web strategy. Many do get it, but many more still don't see the connection between their business and the web. I think it's part of the challenge of what we do.

Looking forward to getting to know you more and thanks for joining the community.

Business Attorney
09-09-2009, 10:58 PM
Welcome to the forum. I have a brother who lives in Richmond, so I'll be interested to hear what you are doing.

cbscreative
09-09-2009, 11:00 PM
Welcome aboard. We're glad to see another like-minded small business marketer among us, and look forward to sharing and learning together.

You hit the target dead on in stating that many small business owners do not get the importance of marketing, but the good news is there are many who do. For those who don't, it's sad to see them struggle unnecessarily, or even go under, but the more of us there are talking some sense, the more likely the message will start to sink in. I think many small business people have the misconception that marketing is mostly for bigger companies.

Like Kristine said, we have a section devoted to marketing because we feel it's so important to small business. I believe you will find this place very helpful as you build your business. Congrats on taking the plunge too.

Patrysha
09-09-2009, 11:53 PM
Welcome to the forum.

We have similar businesses so I am looking forward to getting to know you and sharing ideas.

rezzy
09-15-2009, 04:42 PM
Welcome to the forums!