PDA

View Full Version : Karrier dot ca

calgarc
10-02-2017, 01:58 AM
Hi guys, I am fairly new here.

I have recently launched a new eCommerce (dropshipping) website with a friend. We are selling watches, bags, men's essentials. I would love it if you guys can check out the site and give me some pointers... (too many products, too many categories, not enough products etc...). The domain is currently located at Karrier ? Men's Lifestyle Accessories (http://karrier.calgarc.com)

For starters, yes I do know the mobile theme is broken, this is an issue I am fixing. I also recently registered the .ca domain and I am waiting for the nameservers to update so I can activate it :)

I look forward to hearing your responses and thanks in advance :)

vangogh
10-03-2017, 10:51 AM
My first thought is that before I can see a single thing on your site, you present a popup asking me to sign up for your newsletter. The popup may or may not work to gain subscribers, but I wouldn't be one of them. I would instantly leave and not come back unless I already had prior interest in the site.

The site itself looks to me like a generic shopping cart filled with some products. Who do you see as your ideal customer? I ask because when I first landed on the page I assumed you sold watches and bags, but as I click around I see you have cell phone cases and camera straps and I wonder if you have a specific customer in mind. I would thinking someone looking to buy a watch would also want to see laptop cases at the same store. It feels to me like you had access to the products and figured why not sell them. I'm not saying you can't sell both, but it should be clearer right away what I might find. I didn't gain a clear sense of what the site was about.

Why so many Instagram pictures on your home page? I assume you want me to spend time on your site looking at products and not at Instagram looking at images.

I don't see anything to keep me on the site. Yes, there are products, but that's all. Even the product pages only show a list of specs. And why is every image asking me to save on Pinterest? Do you want me to buy something or do you want me to visit your social media profiles?

The overall impression I get after spending a few minutes on the site is that the site is just a list of some products that I assume I can buy at hundreds of other sites and yours offers me no compelling reason to buy any from you. You have to show more than a product image and spec sheet. Tell me more about you. What's your story? Tell me more about the products. Make it clear who the site is for too.

You need more than the products to sell them. Right now you're hoping the sale is already made before I get to the site and all I have to do is pick which product. That's unlikely to happen. You have to convince me to buy after I land on your site. You have to offer me reasons to buy from you and not someone else. I just searched "watches for sale" and Google returned 124,000,000 results. Why would I end up on your site and buy one the watches you sell?

I clicked through a few of the other watch sites and I see they all look rather generic. I can see where your design came from, however do you really want your site to look the same as everyone else's. Again why would I choose to buy from you?

Hope that helps.

calgarc
10-03-2017, 03:29 PM
My first thought is that before I can see a single thing on your site, you present a popup asking me to sign up for your newsletter. The popup may or may not work to gain subscribers, but I wouldn't be one of them. I would instantly leave and not come back unless I already had prior interest in the site.

The site itself looks to me like a generic shopping cart filled with some products. Who do you see as your ideal customer? I ask because when I first landed on the page I assumed you sold watches and bags, but as I click around I see you have cell phone cases and camera straps and I wonder if you have a specific customer in mind. I would thinking someone looking to buy a watch would also want to see laptop cases at the same store. It feels to me like you had access to the products and figured why not sell them. I'm not saying you can't sell both, but it should be clearer right away what I might find. I didn't gain a clear sense of what the site was about.

Why so many Instagram pictures on your home page? I assume you want me to spend time on your site looking at products and not at Instagram looking at images.

I don't see anything to keep me on the site. Yes, there are products, but that's all. Even the product pages only show a list of specs. And why is every image asking me to save on Pinterest? Do you want me to buy something or do you want me to visit your social media profiles?

The overall impression I get after spending a few minutes on the site is that the site is just a list of some products that I assume I can buy at hundreds of other sites and yours offers me no compelling reason to buy any from you. You have to show more than a product image and spec sheet. Tell me more about you. What's your story? Tell me more about the products. Make it clear who the site is for too.

You need more than the products to sell them. Right now you're hoping the sale is already made before I get to the site and all I have to do is pick which product. That's unlikely to happen. You have to convince me to buy after I land on your site. You have to offer me reasons to buy from you and not someone else. I just searched "watches for sale" and Google returned 124,000,000 results. Why would I end up on your site and buy one the watches you sell?

I clicked through a few of the other watch sites and I see they all look rather generic. I can see where your design came from, however do you really want your site to look the same as everyone else's. Again why would I choose to buy from you?

Hope that helps.

Thank you for the input. This is still a work in progress. I figured I would add more products then I need and then remove various parts to tighten up the shop. I am hoping to get things alot more refined by saturday :)

calgarc
10-03-2017, 03:42 PM
I halved the instagram feed, removed the phone cases, and changed up the popup.

I will be adding proper product descriptions very soon.

pinterest has been disabled.

vangogh
10-04-2017, 01:18 PM
Definitely looks a little better. I'd still ask who you see as your market. The reason is because I don't see a compelling reason to buy from you. The site looks fine. It's a generic ecommerce site. There are a bunch of products and a shopping cart and it looks fine. But there are lots of other sites that look the same and carry the same products. So why you? Why would should someone buy a watch from you when the can buy the same watch from say Macy's who are among the top results for watches for sale. I know Macy's. I don't know you. Macy's is just one example.

You have to give people a reason to buy from you. For example I see you carry watches for divers. Maybe that's something you could specialize in and you'd carry nothing but watches for divers. Granted I have no idea if this would be a good market, but I needed an example. Your site might then post content about diving in general. You could offer specific reviews about diving watches. You could help visitors understand what makes a watch able to work under water and at some depth. You could specialize in everything having to do with watches for divers and become the go to place for that particular kind of watch.

That's not necessarily easy, but it's easier than when your site isn't specifically about anything. What I see now are some products that I could buy from any number of sources. Why should I buy them from you specifically?

Does that make sense?

calgarc
10-04-2017, 01:40 PM
Definitely looks a little better. I'd still ask who you see as your market. The reason is because I don't see a compelling reason to buy from you. The site looks fine. It's a generic ecommerce site. There are a bunch of products and a shopping cart and it looks fine. But there are lots of other sites that look the same and carry the same products. So why you? Why would should someone buy a watch from you when the can buy the same watch from say Macy's who are among the top results for watches for sale. I know Macy's. I don't know you. Macy's is just one example.

You have to give people a reason to buy from you. For example I see you carry watches for divers. Maybe that's something you could specialize in and you'd carry nothing but watches for divers. Granted I have no idea if this would be a good market, but I needed an example. Your site might then post content about diving in general. You could offer specific reviews about diving watches. You could help visitors understand what makes a watch able to work under water and at some depth. You could specialize in everything having to do with watches for divers and become the go to place for that particular kind of watch.

That's not necessarily easy, but it's easier than when your site isn't specifically about anything. What I see now are some products that I could buy from any number of sources. Why should I buy them from you specifically?

Does that make sense?

I have a section specified to run as a potential blog, and yes, I am currently working on setting my target audience (I already did some leg work). hopefully with some good branding and a bit of work I can get this up and running :). as far as reviews go I plan on writing up reviews and posts about certain products and categories.

calgarc
10-04-2017, 05:06 PM
karrier.ca is now active.