PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with my website?

peter12
08-21-2017, 04:37 PM
Hi guys,

I own a small moving company based in London

Because in 80% of the times when we move clients they also need cleaning services a I decided to start a cleaning business as well.
I chosen the name of the company to be Eva Cleaners (my wife's name is Eva), ordered a website and start distribute leaflets.
So far there are not many cleaning jobs - most of the jobs are coming from clients of my other company but they are not enough to pay the bills.

I rely on the website to get cleaning jobs but despite the traffic is pretty good ( Eva Cleaners gets around 800 - 1000 visitors/month) the calls are very few - no more then 10 - 20 calls/month. So I start thinking there is an issue with the website.

Can you please check the site (http://evacleaners.com/) and share your thoughts?

Are you gonna make a booking if you were looking for cleaning job?

If not - what is bothering you?

Can you suggest what you dislike in design/content/navigation?

I will appreciate your help
Peter

Owen
08-21-2017, 11:43 PM
Hi guys,

I own a small moving company based in London

Because in 80% of the times when we move clients they also need cleaning services a I decided to start a cleaning business as well.
I chosen the name of the company to be Eva Cleaners (my wife's name is Eva), ordered a website and start distribute leaflets.
So far there are not many cleaning jobs - most of the jobs are coming from clients of my other company but they are not enough to pay the bills.

I rely on the website to get cleaning jobs but despite the traffic is pretty good ( Eva Cleaners gets around 800 - 1000 visitors/month) the calls are very few - no more then 10 - 20 calls/month. So I start thinking there is an issue with the website.

Can you please check the site (http://evacleaners.com/) and share your thoughts?

Are you gonna make a booking if you were looking for cleaning job?

If not - what is bothering you?

Can you suggest what you dislike in design/content/navigation?

I will appreciate your help
Peter

No offense, but it looks like you made it in 2008. Here's some CSS to make it look a little more modern: https://pastebin.com/2ZBrtu87

Paul
08-22-2017, 12:45 AM
I have to preface with I know very little about internet marketing. However, on your site I think the general design is fine. Not much more can be done I don't think.

But, here is what stood out to me. The first page has too much to read. Being green is probably important to many but for me, I just want my place cleaned. The form for a quote put me off right away. Took me a few seconds to find a phone number even though it was on top in large font.

For me, more impressive than the first page copy was the last page list of services. I'd put that on front, make a bold call to action with the phone # right in the middle. I know everybody fills forms online for everything but I would never. Let me see the list and make me call the phone#.

Probably not much help, sorry.

Bobjob
08-28-2017, 04:41 PM
Looked good to me.

It may not be the website but the profession itself. My buddy owns a commercial cleaning business. I asked why he does not do residential. He said it's too much trouble. People do not want strangers in their house touching and moving their things, possibly stealing.

ExeterStudios
09-06-2017, 03:20 PM
Hello

So your site looks bad on mobile devices. It doesnt render correctly. Modern web sites are generally responsive. This means the content adapts to the size of the browser window. For example on the iPhone the screen is smaller than on a computer. Having a responsive site can help visitors see your company site better. Roughly 60% of all traffic online now is mobile. I would go for a re-design of your site with a specific emphasis on mobile ready.

Beyond that you might consider a color pallet to define which colors your brand will specifically use. This will help customers recognize your brand more easily and give you a guide for future marketing materials (which colors to use etc.)

Hopefully this helps you a bit.

MichaelTeamTCA
09-14-2017, 10:53 AM
Website is just fine.

I think your marketing may be the issue. Partnering with a commercial client or a self-moving truck rental company (in the states we have several). Also, try contacting a property management company or home-owners who rent privately -- these could be addition avenues of revenue.

Genie Squad
09-22-2017, 04:03 PM
Something that not many people think about - The colors that you choose for your call to action. (Click Here, Book Now, Book a Cleaner) You want to make sure you are selecting "Non Color Blind" colors. You don't want something that becomes a grey over grey view. How are your prices compared to others in your area?

Genie Squad
09-26-2017, 05:06 PM
Peter a couple more things.
Your website is evacleaners.com (Have you looked at your traffic country source to see how much of your traffic is international?)
You have a competitor with evaclean.uk.co - Don't think this would be much of a factor because they look very small - but the name is pretty much the same. (Marketing efforts could be driving traffic to them)

On the side - sent you a PM.
Regards,
Shawn

gimli
04-16-2018, 11:49 PM
Yea ive seen sites that look like this and still do well, it just contains way too much text for starters. Its good to have alot of content but you need to break them with headers, users often only scan headers and sub headers. Not responsive to mobile,,,,you just threw away 70 odd percent of internet users as google wont show this to any of them. Stock photos are a bad choice users see though them very quickly and also again the text is what 12 or 13 px ..... that you need 15 min. I think you have one outbound contextual link not that it would matter with the small text, think of how a user sees this and how it would guide them to purchase your service.

SkyWriting
11-16-2019, 05:51 AM

The message on that page is $61 per bottle - you can do this- - call now.
http://evacleaners.com/
That's the message on that page.
So. yes, there is a design problem.

SkyWriting
11-16-2019, 05:55 AM
Website is just fine.

It's confusing and ......well......nuf said.

SkyWriting
11-16-2019, 05:59 AM
I have to preface with I know very little about internet marketing. However, on your site I think the general design is fine. Not much more can be done I don't think.
But, here is what stood out to me. The first page has too much to read. Being green is probably important to many but for me, I just want my place cleaned. The form for a quote put me off right away. Took me a few seconds to find a phone number even though it was on top in large font. .

Each page should have one intended message and one intended action. Each step in the conversion process should add value to the customer.
Start with valuable information to hold their attention then guide them to your intended action.
In this case, a free guide to choosing the best provider would land you their email. From there, give them more and more value until they convert.
Then give them "during" value...then "After" value.

profitlabs
02-18-2020, 05:32 PM
Hi Peter,

I did a screenshare video review auditing your website.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Facebook Link:
https://www.facebook.com/profitlabs1/videos/2557530147865086/