PDA

View Full Version : Blogging on a non blogging website, thing of the past?

Gravity
07-30-2017, 07:21 PM
So, on one of my websites I have a blog feature that I rarely use. But I do know that adding more content (depending on the content) can be good OR bad in a search engines algorithm.

My question is, would blogging on a non-blog website beneficial?

If yes, how often and is there a certain time to post? Would hiring a "blogging company" be in my best interest to help with search rank?

I hate writing content, but if it helps, I will continue doing it!

vangogh
07-31-2017, 12:03 PM
A blog or rather content can help any site and I've never seen a site where I couldn't come up with an idea for what they might blog about.

Don't worry about certain times to post or things like that, at least not at first. The hardest part about maintaining a blog is producing content on a consistent and regular basis. If you don't like writing, that's going to be even more difficult. You can hire someone, but unless you're willing to spend a good amount of money, I wouldn't. Anyone you hire for little cost is unlikely to help. You'll get content that no one wants to consume. Quality writing, quality videos, quality content is difficult to create and because of that costs money.

On a more positive side content doesn't automatically mean writing. There are lots of other things you can do. Video and audio for example.

What is your business about? Maybe we can brainstorm ideas and come up with something you can create that isn't too time consuming.

Gravity
07-31-2017, 01:22 PM
A blog or rather content can help any site and I've never seen a site where I couldn't come up with an idea for what they might blog about.

Don't worry about certain times to post or things like that, at least not at first. The hardest part about maintaining a blog is producing content on a consistent and regular basis. If you don't like writing, that's going to be even more difficult. You can hire someone, but unless you're willing to spend a good amount of money, I wouldn't. Anyone you hire for little cost is unlikely to help. You'll get content that no one wants to consume. Quality writing, quality videos, quality content is difficult to create and because of that costs money.

On a more positive side content doesn't automatically mean writing. There are lots of other things you can do. Video and audio for example.

What is your business about? Maybe we can brainstorm ideas and come up with something you can create that isn't too time consuming.

I was thinking about doing some "video blogs" or having someone create a few animated videos for my business.

I run a finance company that helps start-ups to large businesses get funded (Unsecured, secured, CRE, MCA etc).

Harold Mansfield
07-31-2017, 01:34 PM
No blogging is not a thing of the past. It's everything. Most of the shares across social media are blog posts.

Don't get caught up on how often as much as how good the content is. Quality beats quantity. You'll have to determine what kinds of things you want to say, to whom, and from there you'll know how often. Some info may be important to get out right away and then it may be a few weeks until you have something to say again. It's different for everyone.

shrinkme
07-31-2017, 03:07 PM
While it is tough to get eyeballs these days, blogging can get you some targeted traffic that grows over time. While slow now, your blog may pick up in the future to where you get tons of new customers. Good luck!

vangogh
07-31-2017, 04:29 PM
One thing to keep in mind is that your blog isn't meant to sell directly to people. It's there to attract people to your site and keep them coming back. It's there to help you connect with potential customers and clients. A lot of people assume they should blog about their products, but that's about as boring as it gets for a lot of products. Often the secret is to blog around your products or service. Find topics that your potential customers and clients will find interesting.

For example, in your case you might offer content about what's involved in getting a start up going and what's involved with running one and growing it into something larger. You might even help people understand how to get started without the need to outside financing. That seems counterintuitive, but some of those people will need financing in time and they'll be more likely to go through you because they've gotten to know you and they've come to trust you for all of the goof information you've given them.

That's just one idea off the top of my head and certainly not the only one. I like to offer the example of Blendtec. They sell blenders. What kind of content can you consistently create about blenders? Most people would think nothing, but Blendtec created videos that asked the question Will it Blend? They toss things like cell phones in blenders to see what happens. No one would actually want to do this at home, but the videos are funny and popular and it helped generate a lot of visits and I assume plenty of sales.

Gravity
07-31-2017, 08:04 PM
One thing to keep in mind is that your blog isn't meant to sell directly to people. It's there to attract people to your site and keep them coming back. It's there to help you connect with potential customers and clients. A lot of people assume they should blog about their products, but that's about as boring as it gets for a lot of products. Often the secret is to blog around your products or service. Find topics that your potential customers and clients will find interesting.

For example, in your case you might offer content about what's involved in getting a start up going and what's involved with running one and growing it into something larger. You might even help people understand how to get started without the need to outside financing. That seems counterintuitive, but some of those people will need financing in time and they'll be more likely to go through you because they've gotten to know you and they've come to trust you for all of the goof information you've given them.

That's just one idea off the top of my head and certainly not the only one. I like to offer the example of Blendtec. They sell blenders. What kind of content can you consistently create about blenders? Most people would think nothing, but Blendtec created videos that asked the question Will it Blend? They toss things like cell phones in blenders to see what happens. No one would actually want to do this at home, but the videos are funny and popular and it helped generate a lot of visits and I assume plenty of sales.

GREAT idea, I appreciate it! Let me know if you want to become an agent, I'm sure you'd make a lot of money. ;)

vangogh
08-01-2017, 02:24 PM
I'm not sure I would make that good of an agent. I've run a blog for a dozen years, have become a writer during that span, and I think lots of problems have creative solutions. I'd also suggest that everyone should practice being more creative, because one day soon machines will be doing most everything else.

In this case though, it's mostly experience. A lot of people have come through this forum insisting that there's nothing they could blog about, given their business. I always take it as a challenge and have always come up with at least one idea they could try.

The main thing is to understand what purpose a blog serves in your overall sales funnel. Blogs (content in general) isn't meant to be a direct sales channel. What content does well is attracts people to your site. It gives them a reason to find you in the first place and it gives them a reason to come back. If you publish something regularly people know to look for your content every Tuesday and Thursday morning or every other Friday or whatever it is. The more they come back, the more they'll feel they know you and the more they'll likely trust you.

Every so often you can let people know what you have that they can buy. If your site is clearly organized, people will also find what you're selling on their own. When it's time to buy, they're more likely to choose you since they feel they know and trust you.

Tommy91
08-19-2017, 06:49 AM
So, on one of my websites I have a blog feature that I rarely use. But I do know that adding more content (depending on the content) can be good OR bad in a search engines algorithm.

My question is, would blogging on a non-blog website beneficial?

If yes, how often and is there a certain time to post? Would hiring a "blogging company" be in my best interest to help with search rank?

I hate writing content, but if it helps, I will continue doing it!

Blogs and web 2.0 are used to white hat SEO. It is the satellite website to help the money web to the top of google.

If you really do not like to write content then there will be many companies doing this service. You feel secure because they always have excellent writers.

But in return you will lose a relatively large cost. If you are a company, hire a few employees to do this to save money.

Or you can choose some reputable Blog to work with them. Or find the blog for you to post and post links.

DianJohnson
06-02-2018, 06:32 AM
Try not to get made up for lost time with how frequently as much as how great the substance may be. Quality beats amount. You'll need to figure out what sorts of things you need to state, to whom, and from that point you'll know how frequently. Some data might be essential to escape and after that it might be fourteen days until the point when you have a comment once more. It's distinctive for everybody.

jeffscott
06-08-2018, 04:43 AM
Its recommended to have a blog site pages within the main website compared to separate blog sites.

jordanmcclure
01-14-2019, 03:23 AM
Blogging on any website is very much useful for every point of view. Blogging is a marketing tactic that uses blogging to get your business more online visibility. A business blog is a marketing channel that helps support business growth. It help drive traffic to your websites, it helps to convert that traffic into leads. And helps to establish authority.

davidlee21
01-15-2019, 05:40 AM
Most of the company have a blog page to improve their visibility to search engine. It's a good option to write a blog related to your business. If you aren't comfortable writing you can hire freelancers or full-time content writers.