PDA

View Full Version : Bacterozoid has arrived!

bacterozoid
08-31-2009, 08:33 AM
Hey folks,

I've been hanging out around here for a while now and have officially decided I like it here. It's very difficult to find a good forum...the Internet is plagued with boards full of trolling, unkind members, and bad management. I've found a few gems and I'm glad to have landed here.

Anyways, I'm a 22 year old guy from the Indianapolis area. I work full time as what amounts to be a PHP developer / web designer for a small business, although I do have other job functions.

I've recently started a web/graphic design company on the side and am trying to drum up my first few clients. I'm excited about building my portfolio and venturing into the world of freelancing. :)

Thanks to all the folks who've answered my questions already. Don't worry, I'll have more!

rezzy
08-31-2009, 10:41 AM
Well welcome to the forum. We are mixture of different experiences, businesses and talents.

There seem be to tons of freelancing sites on the net, with basic tutorials on starting and getting going. I have found the real time experience of people here has helped me tremendously. ... But you already know this by now.

Welcome again. See ya around the office.

vangogh
08-31-2009, 11:46 AM
Welcome to the forum Bacterozoid. I know we've already chatted some, but always nice to offer the official welcome. Thanks too for the compliments. I know what you mean about other forums with bad management and trolls. This one actually came about because many of us were members of a board just like that and we decided to start anew here.

Thanks for joining the community.

cbscreative
08-31-2009, 01:16 PM
I've seen your posts around the forum, but it's great to see your official intro thread. Welcome aboard, and congrats on venturing into your new biz. Thank you for the compliments, I also agree on the lack of good forums. This one is a great place to hang out.

KristineS
08-31-2009, 02:05 PM
Welcome to the forum. I've seen your posts, but it is always nice to get to know someone a little better through their introduction.

I'm glad you're enjoying the forum and I hope you stick around.

nighthawk
09-02-2009, 03:30 PM
welcome to the forums bacterozoid. I cant help but notice the large proportion of freelancers/small businesses here working in web design/development. I guess those types of people just tend to be more common on the internet though.

vangogh
09-02-2009, 11:09 PM
I think that's true Gavin. We're online much of the day and so naturally gravitate more toward online communities.

bacterozoid
09-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Funny thing about that? This is probably one of the better forums when it comes to web freelancing, and that's not even the direct focus here. I haven't found a decent one yet.

vangogh
09-04-2009, 01:43 PM
It's simply the community we seem to be attracting. Ultimately a forum takes on the characteristics of the staff and the community.