PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

blogdog
08-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Hello everyone! Looking forward to checking out this forum, hope I can learn and contribute.

vangogh
08-15-2008, 09:50 PM
Welcome to the forum blogdog. I'm glad you found your way over here and hope you enjoy your stay.

KristineS
08-15-2008, 10:59 PM
Welcome to the forum Blogdog. Glad to have you with us.

Leatherneck
08-16-2008, 12:15 AM
Welcome to the community blogdog! Hang around and I'm sure you will learn and contribute.

Steve B
08-16-2008, 05:15 AM
Hi Blogdog - Welcome.

I'm curious how you found us?

cbscreative
08-16-2008, 10:40 AM
Welcome to the group. It would be interesting to know how you found us, and feel free to tell us more about yourself and your business.

blogdog
08-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Thanks everyone! I forgot to mention I found this forum through Vangogh's blog. I know him from another forum I really like. He always has well thought out and insightful answers.

Ok, you asked for it, a little about me and my business. I've been a mortgage broker for 15 years now and a few years ago I realized there's many homeowners who have no idea how much they can save by refinancing their debt into a mortgage.

So, I came up with a new idea for our industry. I built a website (link in signature) that's a mortgage calculator for refinancing debt. It runs thousands of calculations based on live interest rates to give the user accurate and personal answers. And, it lets the user remain anonymous. We don't ask for any contact info. If they like the numbers they see, we can do the loan. If they can't save, they can simply close their browser knowing they won't be sold off as a "lead" to four lenders and be pounded with calls.

vangogh
08-16-2008, 01:00 PM
I guess I knew how you found us Mike since we've certainly chatted before. I appreciate the compliments.

That's a good idea with the mortgage calculator. Most of the ones you see are pretty generic and require that you hand over all your details before really finding the info you want. Being able to get the info anonymously has to lead to more people using the calculator and it would only be natural that you then become the first contact if they decide to refinance.

cbscreative
08-16-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm sure you've found that it helps build trust in an industry plagued with less than honorable refi vendors too.

Coach Morse
08-20-2008, 12:05 PM
Welcome aboard Mike!