View Full Version : Hello Everyone! :)

Zharlene
07-09-2017, 03:34 AM
I joined the forum a few years ago but this is my first post! So I'd like to say hello to everyone! :)

Just a little bit about myself: I am a mature student in my 30s and after my studies I plan on getting a job and starting a small business.

When I was still in my 20s, I started freelancing one year after university and it was profitable for 2 years...until I decided to do something else. Selling your services can be quite time-consuming, sometimes you get to a point where you no longer want to put a price on your service! So I always thought that if I ever start a new business it will have to be more retail-heavy. But I have no educational background in business, so what do I know?

It's good to be here!

vangogh
07-09-2017, 10:01 AM
Welcome to the forum Zharlene. You might have set the record for longest time between registering and posting. :)

I offered freelance services for about 10 years and I understand how time-consuming it can get. Don't worry if you don't have a business background. A lot about business is learned on the go.

I look forward to getting to know you and thanks for joining the community.

cbscreative
07-10-2017, 12:34 PM
That is a long stretch between joining and posting. Fortunately, you don't have to wait 5 years for us to welcome you to the forum. Enjoy the resource now that you've become active here.

Harold Mansfield
07-10-2017, 01:57 PM
Welcome to the forum Zharlene. Glad you decided to jump in.