PDA

View Full Version : Website Review

howtechhelpsbiz
08-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Hey everyone, recently launched my site and was wondering if you can provide some feedback.

How Technology Can Help Your Business (http://www.howtechnologyhelpsbusiness.com)

I am waiting for a graphic to take the place of the Subscribe button on the left and accompanying text. Other than that I think it's ready to go!

Thanks for the tips!

bacterozoid
08-29-2009, 06:45 AM
Looks pretty good in general...but here's a few things I noticed:

1. Yes, the subscribe button :)
2. You've got a really long website name which makes your logo hard to interpret. It's too long and needs some additional styling. Maybe try to come up with a HTHB type logo?
3. Search box on the top is in desperate need of a sweet CSS style
4. Your form could use some sort of human validation if there's not server-side spam filtering. I hate captchas - on my website I have the user check the middle of three checkboxes.

vangogh
08-31-2009, 12:03 PM
Looks good on first impression. I think it looks better than it did before so the changes you made were good.

Yes the subscribe button needs to be improved and I agree the search box could use a little something. For me it mostly needs to be bigger and more obvious.

I have the same thoughts as I did previously about the Request Information page. It's really more a provide information page and I don't think it's going to be the best way to get that information from people.

Why no About page? If I come across a new site one of the first things I always want to know is more about the person or business behind the site. When I can't find that information I tend to trust the site a little less.

A link to the home page in the menu would be good. I don't think the lone icon at the top is enough.

KristineS
08-31-2009, 02:23 PM
I think the content is good, but it seems a little bland and impersonal. I also agree with Vangogh that an About Us page would be great. Right now there's no way to know who you guys are and what you're doing.

I also have to agree about a link to the Home page. The icon at the top didn't register with me, so I had no obvious way to get back to the main page when I looked at the other pages.

cbscreative
08-31-2009, 09:56 PM
One thing that has not yet been mentioned is the gray on the top stripe. I think that color just doesn't flow with the page design. I'm thinking maybe something in blue-violet, or possibly some shade of blue or green. You might be surprised at what this change could do for your page. It should also help you make decisions about styling your search box which others have pointed out to be in need of something.