PDA

View Full Version : Good places to advertise in

scobahcan
06-12-2017, 01:14 AM
Hi everyone

Can you advertise a business on sites like Craigslist , Kijiji , used everywhere or other similar sites ? Other possible places that have just come to mind are Amazon , eBay etc.

Years ago I tried to make a website work for me but I cannot get Any Good traffic or a good ranking. So now I am going to try Clickbank .

If anyone has any good suggestions of places to advertise or any other suggestions please let me know.

WarrenD
06-12-2017, 02:26 AM
Haven't you tried Facebook? My business has been on Facebook for some time now & we regularly post and even do boosted posts. Has helped me create brand awareness. It's not uncommon for me these days to hear from clients "I saw your latest act on Facebook, tell me more about it..."

Harold Mansfield
06-12-2017, 10:25 AM
To advertise what? Also, if you couldn't get traffic to a website, trying to get traffic to your listings isn't going to be much easier. At least with a website you're in complete control of everything from the presentation to it's marketing. Yes, you have to learn how to do that, but you have to no matter what.

It would help to know what you're doing, and what you're trying to sell.

Darcie-amber
06-22-2017, 06:28 AM
I would say Facebook can definitely be used for advertising! It varies depending on your niche, the market, your audience and business. However, i tend to think that you also get a lot of people that start and don’t give Facebook enough time to optimize their pixel. Given their relatively cheap price and ability to be highly targeted and unlike billboards, newspaper-ads, radio, etc, it’s extremely easy to determine a measurable ROI of your advertising on Facebook. You can create 'conversions' on Facebook for when someone joins your email list, purchases a product, etc. There’s a lot of levels to Facebook ads that need to be right before you even begin running your Facebook ads. There are a lot more things that go into placing an advert on facebook. I would recommend that you read through this guide https://www.1and1.co.uk/digitalguide/online-marketing/social-media/advertising-on-facebook/ that offers some great tips when it comes to advertising via Facebook. I will conclude by saying that if you have a good product/service, an audience to target and a halfway decent ad, you should do well with Facebook advertising.

Daniel_Brown
07-24-2017, 03:51 AM
It depends on how you want to advertise. By paying or by free. If you want to advertise your business website and ready to pay for it then go for these options:
Google Adwords (PLA, Video, Display, Text)
facebook Adverts
Bind Ads
MSN Ads

And If you are brand new and want to create your brand awareness without paying anything, then go for the below recomended options:
1. SEO (Time Taking)
2. Facebook Fan Page
3. Pinterest
4. Google My Business (If you have a local store) + Google Plus
5. Instagram

However, there are a lot of marketing strategies are there which can help you to place your website in front of potential customers.

shrinkme
07-24-2017, 01:41 PM
Personally, I would avoid paid advertisements. Unless you have money to throw away. Building permanent links to your website over time is a much better way to go.

CraigsList is directed at local selling, but other classifieds allow you to include a link in a free advertisement. Blog comments also allow URLs to be included for most Wordpress sites. This is not quick and easy traffic, but it will improve your Google ranking and get you continuous traffic over time.

turboguy
07-24-2017, 03:53 PM
I have seen national companies that used Craigslist for advertising. Actually we have a computerized plasma metal cutting table that I found on Craigslist. They just do a listing for each city. I also have one of my competitors dealers who run ads all over the place on Craigslist. The nice thing is that it is free. The only investment is time. I also have a couple of competitors who use eBay as one of their prime marketing methods. If I look up the product we make on eBay about 80% of the listings are either a competitor in CT or one in MN.

oceanit.ca
09-10-2017, 01:54 AM
It depends on how you want to advertise. By paying or by free. If you want to advertise your business website and ready to pay for it then go for these options:
Google Adwords (PLA, Video, Display, Text)
facebook Adverts
Bind Ads
MSN Ads

And If you are brand new and want to create your brand awareness without paying anything, then go for the below recomended options:
1. SEO (Time Taking)
2. Facebook Fan Page
3. Pinterest
4. Google My Business (If you have a local store) + Google Plus
5. Instagram

However, there are a lot of marketing strategies are there which can help you to place your website in front of potential customers.

This is a good list - however if you are a brick store and not an IT/eCommerce than also expand it to local craigslist, kijiji along with boards, etc

MariDari
09-13-2017, 10:15 PM
I personally think that SNS for advertising is the best option

HumaneHosting
01-13-2018, 12:38 PM
To advertise what? Also, if you couldn't get traffic to a website, trying to get traffic to your listings isn't going to be much easier. At least with a website you're in complete control of everything from the presentation to it's marketing. Yes, you have to learn how to do that, but you have to no matter what.

It would help to know what you're doing, and what you're trying to sell.

Exactly! A website is good for almost any business just because of the reasons stated. Plus to boot you can control how you do things with said site. For example inventory, taking in tickets/emails, etc.

journalist55
03-14-2022, 10:20 AM
I agree, you may also want to try advertising in a website that is a part of the same industry as you.