PDA

View Full Version : Small number of product to sell

JaneGarfield
05-11-2017, 01:45 PM
I have a small number of product to
sell, so a shopping cart seems like overkill.
I find there are simple web forms out there
that calculate totals every time you select products
(products are all on the same page). It's cheap,
fast and easy to use:

elbowspace.com/FRHformexample8

The main issue I have with using the web form is
my web address does not show at the top of the
form. It's the web form hosting companies web address.

Any suggestions?

Harold Mansfield
05-11-2017, 01:52 PM
I have a small number of product to
sell, so a shopping cart seems like overkill.
I find there are simple web forms out there
that calculate totals every time you select products
(products are all on the same page). It's cheap,
fast and easy to use:

elbowspace.com/FRHformexample8

The main issue I have with using the web form is
my web address does not show at the top of the
form. It's the web form hosting companies web address.

Any suggestions?

Sell them on eBay or some like marketplace. The way you're trying to do isn't good enough to act as a trusted eCommerce solution, more work than it's worth, and you likely still won't sell any of it that way.

If building a real eCommerce site is more than you need, you can't half ass it. Better to try and sell whatever it is on eBay or Craig's List, or Etsy, or whatever is right for your needs and benefit from the credibility and infrastructure of an already created marketplace. Then use your time and energy promoting what you're selling to get some buyers.

tallen
05-11-2017, 03:45 PM
You might be able do something with PayPal buttons.

turboguy
05-11-2017, 04:34 PM
If it is a form and they are being asked to submit credit card info or the like that would concern me. What form of payments are you accepting?

Tallen's suggestion of PayPal might be a good choice for you.

If you are taking credit cards another option to look at would be Mals-e.com. They have a totally free shopping cart that operates on their secure server. The free version won't actually process the credit card but rather it stores it in a database and sends you an email that you have an order and you log in and retrieve the info. They have an inexpensive premium version that will process the credit card. I have used it on several sites for years and have been quite happy with it. The other thing I like is that you don't need to use a template. You just add a buy it now button and put a link in it and don't have to worry about matching up a template that fits well with your site.

Harold Mansfield
05-11-2017, 04:38 PM
Also it always bothers me when I go to the website of a company that proposes to offer a safe and secure solution, and they're own security is broken, and half the pages on their website aren't secure at all.

JaneGarfield
05-12-2017, 11:07 AM
Also it always bothers me when I go to the website of a company that proposes to offer a safe and secure solution, and they're own security is broken, and half the pages on their website aren't secure at all.

Thanks all for the great advice. This really helps.

Getkart
04-14-2020, 06:18 AM
You can use other eCommerce marketplaces to sell you stuffs online.
We are an E-Commerce Marketplace that covers wide range of categories and invites sellers to sell your products at free of cost around the world.
Check here at https://www.getkart.com/marketplace/