PDA

View Full Version : I Need A Call Center With Live SMS - Solutions?

grasshopper
04-23-2017, 06:42 PM
This is new to me, I'm not familiar with the terminology and was hoping for some help here, some links perhaps, etc.

Many of my customers like to text our number with questions before they will buy, but starting up small right now often I cannot field the text right away and we lose the sale. My goal is to find a live person type call center that can use a script to field text message from customers, gather their information and answer questions per scripting.

Two Questions:
1. What keywords should I be focused on to find this type of call center with live help?
2. Are there any services like this that anyone here has used you could suggest for those on a budget?

Thank You.

vangogh
04-25-2017, 10:18 AM
I typed "call center text messaging" in Google and there were millions of results. I'm not sure there's any other terminology you would need to know. Maybe look through a few results and see what's there and then add more keywords for your specific needs.

I've never used this kind of service before so I can't recommend any, but there is a lot out there. You might have to look through the results of the generic search and see what you find and then refine your query.

SumpinSpecial
04-25-2017, 04:46 PM
Are you looking for an online chat feature? Lots of website platforms have them or you can buy them as add-ons. Now, staffing them is another question...

Harold Mansfield
04-25-2017, 07:19 PM
This is new to me, I'm not familiar with the terminology and was hoping for some help here, some links perhaps, etc.

Many of my customers like to text our number with questions before they will buy, but starting up small right now often I cannot field the text right away and we lose the sale. My goal is to find a live person type call center that can use a script to field text message from customers, gather their information and answer questions per scripting.

Two Questions:
1. What keywords should I be focused on to find this type of call center with live help?
2. Are there any services like this that anyone here has used you could suggest for those on a budget?

Thank You.

It's doubtful that you will find and implement this cheaply if you're paying a 3rd party. If you can pay a company to have people at the ready, you can hire that person yourself and train them properly. Maybe look into something you can learn to program/set up yourself with a more affordable entry. Like chat bots.
I know Facebook has chat bots now via messenger. Sorry I don't know anything about how to set it up or work it, but something like that could field the most commonly asked questions, and gather info to schedule a call back.

This article talks about it https://www.forbes.com/sites/vivianrosenthal/2017/03/20/top-ten-tips-to-build-a-facebook-messenger-chat-bot/#55f54e0a5afc

Curious, how do people know to text you? You should be defining your method of contact up front so that it works for you and you don't have to worry so much about missing a lead.

You have to set realistic hours of operation and expectations. Trying to seem like you're available all the time, when you know you aren't. is a recipe for disaster. It makes you look unprofessional and unorganized. If people have a clear way to contact you that is also convenient for you, and an honest expectation of when they'll get a response and you stick to it, they're happy. It's over promising and under delivering that people don't forgive.

This is manageable without spending money. It just needs organization and direction.

But if text messaging is how you must do business, I'd check out chat bots.