PDA

View Full Version : Buying web traffic

Alouly
04-13-2017, 09:20 PM
Hello fellow internet marketers,

I wanted to make a post about this for a while but I've been really busy. I have some comments and some questions and I would love to hear all of your views my friends. Now for my current offers, I usually us the following methods to advertise: free social media posts, ppc, and Solo Ads. I am not going to lie and say that these methods are the best becase sometimes I make sales and sometimes I barely breakeven and sometimes I have terrible bad runs. I've noticed recently a major increase in cheap web traffic/visitors sellers where they sell you bulk web traffic and they claim to send you targeted traffic, fresh leads, high conversions, etc. I personally tried one just out of curiousity and then when I tracked the traffic....it was extremely not responsive...so I asked for a refund and blocked it within a day of starting the campaign. I know someone who actually purchased for really cheap guaranteed sign ups...and he got tons of those REAL HUMANS sign ups (since the form that they had to fill out was really complicated) but after making a couple of grands out of this, his affiliate network claimed that his traffic was fake and they terminated his account. So these are the only two experiences I had about buying bulk web traffic. Now, after mentioning all of the above, I am wondering why these bulk sellers still exist and have alot of customers? Are most of these customers new internet marketes who are not tracking the fake traffic they are ceiving or is there a little secret behind this which maybe I am not aware of? Does any of you buy bulk packages...why do you do that (is it just to increase your domain ranking?) and which reliable sources do you recommend if any even exist? Please all share your thoughts....I would love to hear your opinion about this matter.

WarrenD
04-14-2017, 01:15 AM
From what I know of, these bulk traffic guys are used by bloggers and SEO guys to prop up traffic to their newest blog posts or sites. Apparently it helps them rank faster. I have a blogger friend who regularly buys traffic from Fiverr to his new blog posts. He says it helps those posts get indexed faster and build organic traffic quicker than what it would've normally taken. Now he isn't a small time blogger and his blog is fairly popular. So I'm assuming there's some merit in what he says.

Harold Mansfield
04-14-2017, 11:50 AM
...Now, after mentioning all of the above, I am wondering why these bulk sellers still exist and have alot of customers? Are most of these customers new internet marketes who are not tracking the fake traffic they are ceiving or is there a little secret behind this which maybe I am not aware of?
No, there is no secret. Paid traffic is fake traffic. Paid sign ups are fake sign ups, just like fake "likes", "Follows", and You Tube views. It's done with automated bots and mills of people over seas paid to click stuff and make up fake profiles.

Yes they stay in business because of the constant turn over of people getting into the web business who will waste their money on tricks and shortcuts.

Does any of you buy bulk packages...why do you do that (is it just to increase your domain ranking?) and which reliable sources do you recommend if any even exist? Please all share your thoughts....I would love to hear your opinion about this matter.

Don't do it. There are real lead generation companies out there in a lot of industries. They way it's done is that THEY generate the leads and sell them. Think Car sites, mortgage, timeshare, flowers, Home Improvement, and so on. Lending Tree is a good example. That is a lead generation site.

Anyone who claims that they can send you targeted traffic, regardless of what your industry or service is, is lying. They're generating bot and script traffic that looks good in stats programs. Stay clear. It's a scam and it's obvious to anyone who you will want to do business with based on website traffic. You'll look like a scammer.

Harold Mansfield
04-14-2017, 03:14 PM
Quick Disclosure: Back in the early days of my web career, I worked for a guy who sold traffic. I know exactly what it is. It's bots.

Alouly
04-14-2017, 04:22 PM
Thank you for sharing. Do you know what's really sad? the amount of people who write positive reviews about web traffic (bot) companies and a lot of newbies are buying it....I feel bad for these people, <link removed>

Harold Mansfield
04-14-2017, 04:24 PM
They're already in the fake business. Why would fake reviews be such a stretch? They already have the infrastructure.

Alouly
04-14-2017, 04:43 PM
That's true...damn this fake internet world we live in....I think I might just change careers lol

WarrenD
04-17-2017, 02:10 AM
There is unfortunately a real demand for such fake stuff (fake traffic, fake reviews etc). These tend to be cheaper than the real stuff (& fake reviews are easier to generate). Small business owners often get carried away thinking that:

A) It will allow them to save some costs and
B) It will help them become popular quickly

Fulcrum
04-17-2017, 07:31 AM
A) It will allow them to save some costs and
B) It will help them become popular quickly

But does fake traffic/reviews save costs in the long term and does it truly develop consumer popularity? The consumer isn't stupid (though they might be cheap) and will see through most charades.

Harold Mansfield
04-17-2017, 11:02 AM
Shortcuts ALWAYS end up biting you in the ass later, and usually cost even more time and money to recover than if you'd done it right the first time because while you're trying to recover, you're also losing money.

WarrenD
04-18-2017, 03:00 AM
But does fake traffic/reviews save costs in the long term and does it truly develop consumer popularity? The consumer isn't stupid (though they might be cheap) and will see through most charades.

I'd say this is a double edged sword. Beneficial to those who know how to do it and get away with it & harmful to those who don't know what they're doing. Look at how effectively politicians around the world have used fake news to their advantage. Fake reviews can unfortunately be written in a real enough manner so as to create a halo effect and influence the opinion of other people.

A friend of mine has a restaurant & asked me to write a review for it, although I'd never been to the place. I was averse to it at first, but took it up as a challenge since the website in question claimed that the filtering process was foolproof & no fake reviews could get through. Guess what! The review passed the scrutiny & influenced a few others to go to the place as well! My point is, if a total newbie like me could do that, others who are professionals at it can surely do & do better!

Fulcrum
04-18-2017, 04:47 PM
This, then, brings up the ethics question. Just because you can use/leave false information, should you?

Harold Mansfield
04-18-2017, 05:37 PM
This, then, brings up the ethics question. Just because you can use/leave false information, should you?

Of course people do, all the time. This is where the good part of "community" on the internet comes into play. Non trolls are more than happy to answer questions or share experiences. I do it all the time on Amazon. You may be able to leave a fake review, but you can't fake having used a product. If so, it's easy to tell when someone has no idea what they're talking about.

I make it a habit to leave good reviews when a product warrants it. I'll leave bad ones too, I just makes sure it's the product and not me. Plenty of times you'll see bad reviews from people who just didn't know how to use the product, or expected it to be something else.

But of course it's the internet and people do use it for revenge.

Alouly
04-18-2017, 07:54 PM
Do you know what I found so difficult to figure out...or maybe I am just a bit paranoid when it comes to web traffic and other traffic generation methods. It's that people who write negative reviews about a service may be working from the competitors and they are trying to push towards their services...and therefore, maybe the current service is actually good but people are using tactics to make you go to alternatives. Honestly, I learned that the only way to find out if something is good or not is to try it....that's the ONLY 100% answer for anyone. Many times I trusted the reviews and it turned out to be junk

Fulcrum
04-18-2017, 08:21 PM
It's that people who write negative reviews about a service may be working from the competitors and they are trying to push towards their services...and therefore, maybe the current service is actually good but people are using tactics to make you go to alternatives.

I repeat my ethics question from above. Just because one can, does it mean that they should post false reviews, either good or bad?

WarrenD
04-19-2017, 01:25 AM

That was the only time I did it, but like Harold says above, people do so all the time. Not just people, but reputation management companies do it for their clients. That's usually a few individuals doing multiple reviews on behalf of the company's clients. As long as this is being done on a commercial basis, it'll be difficult to put a stop to it. Perhaps the only way to bring it under control is to have some kind of law against it.

TomislavGlogovac
04-19-2017, 09:25 AM
You can fake positive reviews, but you can't fool customers which those reviews get to your door. If your service doesn't live up to those reviews you are going down. As for fake bad reviews, i won't even mention those. The people that are leaving fake bad reviews just in order to harm competition are scum.

P.S. Never use that paid "traffic", it can harm your website's rankings.

turboguy
04-19-2017, 11:01 AM
I don't think I would ever fake reviews for my site. I can't say I would never fake anything since when I first started my forum I was guilty of making up some false members who asked questions that I then logged in as myself and answered just to get the forum off the ground. I can still remember how happy I was when I got the first real post from someone. That was probably 15 years and tens of thousands of posts ago.

Harold Mansfield
04-19-2017, 11:23 AM
The bigger problem with fake reviews is that it doesn't give you a chance to improve and actually become awesome. For some people they don't care it's all about the quick scam and conning as many people out of their money as possible.

For people who really intend to run a legitimate business, some are so scared to get one bad thing said about them that they shoot themselves in the foot over and over again. You have to get honest feedback about things. It's the only way to improve. Faking greatness only fools yourself.

Harold Mansfield
04-19-2017, 11:24 AM
I don't think I would ever fake reviews for my site. I can't say I would never fake anything since when I first started my forum I was guilty of making up some false members who asked questions that I then logged in as myself and answered just to get the forum off the ground. I can still remember how happy I was when I got the first real post from someone. That was probably 15 years and tens of thousands of posts ago.

That's a common way to get things going on a forum.

WarrenD
04-20-2017, 01:23 AM
The people that are leaving fake bad reviews just in order to harm competition are scum.

P.S. Never use that paid "traffic", it can harm your website's rankings.

I've had one of these review management companies leave bad reviews for me, on sites where I'm not even registered! So I guess they've created an account for me and then left me a bad review! Thankfully my word of mouth is so strong among clients that nobody gets fooled by those reviews.

Fulcrum
04-20-2017, 07:47 AM
You may not have been hurt by a false review, but many others have. And was the review left for you or about you?

Harold Mansfield
04-20-2017, 11:13 AM
The best way to deal with fake reviews is to meet then head on. If possible respond to them, and offer to correct the problem. Many times when you know it's fake and you ask them to verify their order in some way, they can't. Or they just never respond because they aren't monitoring what they write, it's all hit and run.

A legitimate bad review is an opportunity to look like a superstar by showing your customer service chops. That can do more to attract business than just arbitrary reviews because it shows engagement.

It's the same as when I was a bartender. How you handle problems gives other customers more confidence that if they have one you'll be just as fair and caring when handling it, and they have more confidence in your business, and they keep coming back.

People like going to bars where they know the bartender or the owner, or at least have had some engagement with them. Customer service online is not much different. That familiarity and confidence in the business equals sales, and you can't buy that kind of marketing. it's earned.

Alouly
04-20-2017, 06:41 PM
Ok guys thank you all for your input but just to get us back on the main topic....if u guys can kindly share which ppc or solo ads or method you use to promote your websites/services. I personally have tried many crappy ones that are not worth mentioning because I did not see any good results with them....the only ones that I've see okay results (but not AWESOME results) are bing ads and soloadsx. Can you please share goo ones that are not know to most people....like please gon't say google adwords or facebook ads lol.

Harold Mansfield
04-20-2017, 07:57 PM
Ok guys thank you all for your input but just to get us back on the main topic....if u guys can kindly share which ppc or solo ads or method you use to promote your websites/services. I personally have tried many crappy ones that are not worth mentioning because I did not see any good results with them....the only ones that I've see okay results (but not AWESOME results) are bing ads and soloadsx. Can you please share goo ones that are not know to most people....like please gon't say google adwords or facebook ads lol.

OK, "to promote your website" is kind of vague and you can't really approach it that way. What you're doing is promoting a product or service. I'm not a big fan of PPC these days. It's expensive, and takes a lot of trial and error to get going, and the space is crowded. I'm also not a fan of not knowing where my ads are.

With Adwords, the "display network" can literally mean anything. There's no way to really know where your ads are being displayed, and you can't even form a hypothesis without spending money first. There are a list of other reasons, but the last one is that it's a terrible idea if you're on a budget.

Facebook is a little better, but I'd practice with post boosts first. If you can't get traction on those, then don't waste money on ads. At least Facebook display network is Facebook and Instagram. So you know exactly where the ads will be seen, and can use what you know about how they work, how people use them, and the demographic of the users to help create your campaign.

But again, it's not "promoting a website". The website itself is not the business, It's a tool to promote the business.

You have to know what your goals are before you can develop a plan of action. Just throwing money at ads to get people to the website is not a plan and a waste of money.

What is the business?
What is your goal in getting people to the website? To just to look around? Put some nice numbers in your stats? What's the goal? What do you want them to do?

WarrenD
04-21-2017, 01:21 AM
You may not have been hurt by a false review, but many others have. And was the review left for you or about you?

It was about me. It went something like this "the worst company i've dealt with. I'd placed my order months ago, still haven't received it...". Now I'm in the service business, so there's no question of receiving and fulfilling orders! I receive enquiries and I execute service contracts!

WarrenD
04-21-2017, 01:27 AM
The best way to deal with fake reviews is to meet then head on. If possible respond to them, and offer to correct the problem. Many times when you know it's fake and you ask them to verify their order in some way, they can't. Or they just never respond because they aren't monitoring what they write, it's all hit and run.

For now I just let such fake bad reviews pass as most of my business happens over phone (I'm in the events business). My clients don't really go online and the new clients the come in do so over phone as well. But, my clientele is getting increasingly sophisticated and some of them demand to see my website before giving me business! So I'll have to adapt to actively responding to such reviews sometime soon.

Alouly
04-21-2017, 08:25 AM
Ok I understand what you mean and I totally agree with you....let me clarify what I meant though. Let me give you two seenarios and if you can kkindly tell me how would you promote them in the year 2017....and to be honest with you I am tired of ppc too and fed up with constantly testing until I start seeing results...takes too much of my time and money. First scenario: A website where the main source of income from it is adsense. Seond Scenario: Product or service (For ex. Biz Opps or Marketing services or web hosting services) which has landing page capturing clients emails and directing them to the offers. So how would you promote these types currently without ppc? I would love to know some new ways which are affordable and more effective (which I am sure all marketers on the planet are loking for the same thing LOL)

Harold Mansfield
04-21-2017, 11:37 AM
For now I just let such fake bad reviews pass as most of my business happens over phone (I'm in the events business). My clients don't really go online and the new clients the come in do so over phone as well. But, my clientele is getting increasingly sophisticated and some of them demand to see my website before giving me business! So I'll have to adapt to actively responding to such reviews sometime soon.
You just contradicted yourself. New clients come in over the phone? Where are they getting the phone number from?
Assuming no one is looking you up online is a fatal marketing mistake.
EVERYONE goes online.

You won't know when people check you out online and see something they don't like because they generally just move on to someone else. They don't call you to tell you.

The good news is, it's not very hard to get up to speed. Yes, it is time consuming, but in a few weekends with a little elbow grease and guidance you can completely transform your online marketing into something with purpose that makes your company look like a pro. And then it's all about staying on it and improving where you can....for the life of your business.

WarrenD
04-26-2017, 08:56 AM
You just contradicted yourself. New clients come in over the phone? Where are they getting the phone number from?
Assuming no one is looking you up online is a fatal marketing mistake.
EVERYONE goes online.

You won't know when people check you out online and see something they don't like because they generally just move on to someone else. They don't call you to tell you.

The good news is, it's not very hard to get up to speed. Yes, it is time consuming, but in a few weekends with a little elbow grease and guidance you can completely transform your online marketing into something with purpose that makes your company look like a pro. And then it's all about staying on it and improving where you can....for the life of your business.

New clients come in via referrals through old clients. I'm not denying that I need to be more pro-active. I'm just saying that I haven't been so far and it hasn't hurt me yet.

Harold Mansfield
04-26-2017, 12:11 PM
New clients come in via referrals through old clients. I'm not denying that I need to be more pro-active. I'm just saying that I haven't been so far and it hasn't hurt me yet.
Referrals are awesome. From experience, never take them for granted.

How do you know some wedding planner for some millionaire rancher in Dubuque Montana isn't putting together his daughters wedding and needs 1k dancers to fly in and entertain at the reception, found you online, went to your website, and didn't like what they saw and moved on?

That's the point about the web, you don't know who's looking and when.

As your business grows, or when you have expectations of growth, you'll need to be getting leads and sales from a variety of sources so that when one dries up or slows down, you're not sitting around twiddling your thumbs. These are all start up growing pains. You'll get it all figured out.

The fact that you're getting referrals that turn into business is awesome so you must be doing something right. Keep doing that too.

WarrenD
04-27-2017, 01:40 AM
The fact that you're getting referrals that turn into business is awesome so you must be doing something right. Keep doing that too.

Yeah, I've been business for a long time, over a decade (I used to be a dancer myself before that). Referrals are part of the game when you've been in business that long. It's all been happening offline all this while. Now need to take it online.

Harold Mansfield
04-27-2017, 10:24 AM
Yeah, I've been business for a long time, over a decade (I used to be a dancer myself before that). Referrals are part of the game when you've been in business that long. It's all been happening offline all this while. Now need to take it online.

So it's been all referrals? When you say you've been in business a long time I assume that means at least a year or a few. How have you managed to keep going on all referrals? Is this just how your industry works? Is it tight knit, or 'who you know' kind of thing? Do you network a lot? Are you involved in things? Do you offer incentives?

I'm really interested in how you've built that up and keep it going as your main source of sales. I mean that's a marketing skill in itself that many people don't have much success with.

Can you offer any tips? Things you've learned over the years about keeping the referrals coming?

WarrenD
04-28-2017, 07:03 AM
So it's been all referrals? When you say you've been in business a long time I assume that means at least a year or a few. How have you managed to keep going on all referrals? Is this just how your industry works? Is it tight knit, or 'who you know' kind of thing? Do you network a lot? Are you involved in things? Do you offer incentives?

I'm really interested in how you've built that up and keep it going as your main source of sales. I mean that's a marketing skill in itself that many people don't have much success with.

Can you offer any tips? Things you've learned over the years about keeping the referrals coming?

I make it a point to maintain a personal relationship with all my business contacts. Most of them consider me to be a really good friend. I wine and dine them & send them gifts for the holidays. So I'm always at the top of their minds whenever there's new business to be given out. If they don't have anything to give me but know of someone who has a requirement, they pass on the lead to me. That's how referrals happen & keep happening. Once a new client comes on board, it's time to do the same thing to them!

traceywayne
05-03-2017, 06:58 AM
Messy business buying traffic as the majority of the time it really is not targeted at all and a complete mis match to your product or service on offer, try different tatics on social media and produce regualr content it give you a much better ROI

Harold Mansfield
05-11-2017, 05:02 PM
I have a current client that has been ( I suspect) buying fake traffic for years. I'm pretty positive that they are paying for outside SEO services (which they keep me in the dark about) and they're flooding the site with fake traffic to make it seem like they're doing something.

The bulk of the fake traffic is directed at worthless pages that they keep adding to the site.
Av time on site is exactly 1 min.
80% of the traffic enters and leaves from the same page.
No clear referrers.
The bulk of search terms responsible for the traffic is never available.
Bounce rate is 80%.
Numbers are the same every month.
Hardly any sales.

It's definitely not natural.

WarrenD
05-12-2017, 02:37 AM
I have a current client that has been ( I suspect) buying fake traffic for years. I'm pretty positive that they are paying for outside SEO services (which they keep me in the dark about)

What kind of services do you provide them?

Harold Mansfield
05-12-2017, 11:38 AM
What kind of services do you provide them?
Unfortunately they only call me when something is broken, and every time it's to be a "temporary fix" until they "get around to" letting me redo the website. They don't listen to my advice about how much of a train wreck the website is, or warnings about how bad security is. And they never have time to talk about it. This has been going on for 2 years.

So my hands are tied and it's very frustrating.

This is an extreme example of what it's been like dealing with a lot of small businesses these days. I honestly understand why they are 60% of all cyber attacks right now.

I know you're probably thinking, "Surely there's a few things you can do to protect them anyway". And yes, there is. And I've done them. And then a few months later when something breaks and they call me, I'll see that all of my tools have been removed or deleted and there's new f*ckery going on that just keeps adding more garbage to the pile.

When I ask about it, I don't get an answer.

For instance, they're convinced that this crap stats plug in is better than Google Analytics. I install GA so that they can actually see details of their traffic, and someone keeps uninstalling it.
I install a security plug in to help deter common attacks, and I come back a few months later and it's deactivated.
I point out glaring security holes from plug ins that haven't been updated in 5 years, and their response is "Let's put it on the back burner until we have time to think about what we're going to do".

It's obvious that someone is working against me.

Don't even get me started on the design. It's horrible. Their old poorly coded theme took a dive over a year ago and couldn't be saved, so once again they paid me to recover the site on a default theme, and once again it was to be temporary, and over a year later it's still up. It's been a round robin of constantly using temporary fixes as permanent solutions.

I've never found a way to reach these people. They're always too busy, or traveling, or just generally unavailable. I could send an email telling them their house is on fire and they'll respond 2 weeks later with "OK, we'll call the fire department. Thanks".

They treat their website like it's a burden instead of an opportunity.
Strangest thing I've ever seen.

Fulcrum
05-12-2017, 04:09 PM
Look at it this way Harold, you're at least getting paid to do what the customer wants. I get that it's frustrating and hopefully when there is a management change you get first shot at rebuilding the site.

Harold Mansfield
05-13-2017, 12:12 PM
Look at it this way Harold, you're at least getting paid to do what the customer wants. I get that it's frustrating and hopefully when there is a management change you get first shot at rebuilding the site.

It's really past the point where I want to rebuild the website. It's been going on so long, that the thought of having to deal with them on it, knowing how long they're going to drag it out, and that they won't listen to any of my recommendations because they REFUSE to let go of these outdated concepts that they have from the early 2000's...none of that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

I'm actually closer to the other side of the coin, telling them to find someone else to work with. It's really that ridiculous and I'm past the days of dealing with ridiculous clients. They're not worth the money anymore.

Alouly
05-14-2017, 09:21 PM
LOL Yuppp.....that's def fake traffic, it has all the symptoms. But did you ever check their alexa ranking? it must be really good if they are constantly buying traffic like this....am I right?

Harold Mansfield
05-15-2017, 01:01 PM
LOL Yuppp.....that's def fake traffic, it has all the symptoms. But did you ever check their alexa ranking? it must be really good if they are constantly buying traffic like this....am I right?
Not really. I don't give Alexa ratings a whole lot of weight for most websites, but no there are not highly ranked there at all. It's not that much traffic. Just enough to make it look like whatever outdated SEO they are doing is working. A few thousand visitors a month.

WarrenD
05-16-2017, 01:56 AM
Unfortunately they only call me when something is broken, and every time it's to be a "temporary fix" until they "get around to" letting me redo the website. They don't listen to my advice about how much of a train wreck the website is, or warnings about how bad security is. And they never have time to talk about it. This has been going on for 2 years.

So my hands are tied and it's very frustrating.

This is an extreme example of what it's been like dealing with a lot of small businesses these days. I honestly understand why they are 60% of all cyber attacks right now.

I know you're probably thinking, "Surely there's a few things you can do to protect them anyway". And yes, there is. And I've done them. And then a few months later when something breaks and they call me, I'll see that all of my tools have been removed or deleted and there's new f*ckery going on that just keeps adding more garbage to the pile.

When I ask about it, I don't get an answer.

For instance, they're convinced that this crap stats plug in is better than Google Analytics. I install GA so that they can actually see details of their traffic, and someone keeps uninstalling it.
I install a security plug in to help deter common attacks, and I come back a few months later and it's deactivated.
I point out glaring security holes from plug ins that haven't been updated in 5 years, and their response is "Let's put it on the back burner until we have time to think about what we're going to do".

It's obvious that someone is working against me.

Don't even get me started on the design. It's horrible. Their old poorly coded theme took a dive over a year ago and couldn't be saved, so once again they paid me to recover the site on a default theme, and once again it was to be temporary, and over a year later it's still up. It's been a round robin of constantly using temporary fixes as permanent solutions.

I've never found a way to reach these people. They're always too busy, or traveling, or just generally unavailable. I could send an email telling them their house is on fire and they'll respond 2 weeks later with "OK, we'll call the fire department. Thanks".

They treat their website like it's a burden instead of an opportunity.
Strangest thing I've ever seen.

I know how that can feel. I've worked with people who've hired "consultants" to deal with me and my people. The actual client never bothers to interact with me and the "consultants" are really pretenders who don't know anything about events at all. They keep poisoning the clients' minds and eventually they end up being unhappy. I've now learned to recognize these situations and found it best to walk away from them as soon as possible. It's a lose-lose for everyone.

Harold Mansfield
05-16-2017, 05:08 PM
It's so ridiculously frustrating. They just make everything more difficult than it has to be.

This situation has reached a head now and I'm dumping them.

WarrenD
05-17-2017, 01:15 AM
It's so ridiculously frustrating. They just make everything more difficult than it has to be.

This situation has reached a head now and I'm dumping them.

What are you going to say to them? Don't leave on bad terms. You may have to work with them again someday or they may refer someone to you. You never know! It's always good to maintain good relations, even with those you don't like working with.

Harold Mansfield
05-17-2017, 01:59 AM
What are you going to say to them? Don't leave on bad terms. You may have to work with them again someday or they may refer someone to you. You never know! It's always good to maintain good relations, even with those you don't like working with.
Yep. I can be quite charming and diplomatic when I need to be :)

Fulcrum
05-17-2017, 07:42 AM
You're better at that than me than Harold. The two that I dropped were not very diplomatic at all (lack of payment from the first and refusal to do maintenance at the second who wanted me to warranty against premature failure). I'll still go back to both though, the first will be pure COD (and that's cash not cheque) and I will only deal with someone else (who's willing to repair equipment) at the second.

Harold Mansfield
05-17-2017, 10:37 AM
It's really just one person, but I keep using "they" to try and keep it as anonymous as possible.

Recently the website got hacked and someone or some bot flooded it with fake customer accounts, which are now mixed in with real customer accounts. Random dates and all.

I was emphatic that I needed to speak about this. I got no answer.

2 days later they respond that they've seen my emails, and haven't responded because it's all too overwhelming to think about right now. What?

The level of pissed off that I am at hearing that I'm busting hump to provider them with quick, attentive, professional service to immediately recognize and take care of a major issue, and they're just sitting there ignoring me is off the charts.

Still, I offered to explain things so that they'd have all of the information with which to make a decision. I ask if they're available. No response. I call. No answer. This has been an ongoing issue. That they just don't respond.

It's now 5 days later and nothing has been done. I can't make that make sense.

I mean we're talking about a website, not which hospice to put Meemaw in. I'm not the tax man. There is no added expense in communicating with me. They already have time paid for on account.

All it requires is a phone call, a game plan, and we fix the problem. Done. No one gets as much as a paper cut.

The level of unnecessary drama here is completely out of place and I can't deal with it. It's a ridiculous waste of time. Not their time. My time.

WarrenD
05-18-2017, 03:12 AM
Often when you tell people that you're quitting, they come around. Maybe they'll realize what they'll be missing out on once you make your intentions known about leaving. Happened to me once. I told an unreasonable demanding client that I was leaving. He was wise enough to call me over to have a chat.

Harold Mansfield
05-18-2017, 10:54 AM
I ended up figuring out a way to fix the hack without loosing any of their actual client information. Of course I had to do this without any communication or input from them, but I started to get concerned about the real people's information that they had on Woo Commerce. Names, addreses, emails, phone numbers, order histories and so on. People who trusted them to take care of that information by doing business with them.

I kind of figured even if they didn't see how irresponsible and selfish it was to pout right now, do nothing, and possibly leave others exposed, I recognized the importance of it eve if they didn't, and made a decision without them to basically protect them from themselves and from turning a simple problem into a big one.

That also maxed out the time they had on account.

I documented the work with screenshots, sent an explanation, suggestions for the future and suggested they find someone they're more comfortable communicating with.

Done.

wrongguy
06-23-2017, 06:19 AM
buying web traffic is actually not a good idea, while in most cases, this traffic is fake. I recommend you to spend money on your site optimization or look through marketing campaigns on popular blogs related to your topic

Daniel_Brown
07-24-2017, 03:54 AM
You are always welcome to buy traffic, but make sure the traffic is coming from trusted & your niche based sources. And don't get caught by some search engines as this will impact your current rankings and you might see some trust flow drop in your website.

Portip
11-27-2017, 03:15 AM

Harold Mansfield
01-30-2018, 02:04 PM
When the traffic is real, it's just called advertising.

DianJohnson
06-02-2018, 06:30 AM
I am aware of, these mass movement folks are utilized by bloggers and SEO folks to prop up activity to their freshest blog entries or locales. Obviously it encourages them rank quicker. I have a blogger companion who frequently purchases activity from Fiverr to his new blog entries. He says it enables those presents on get filed speedier and assemble natural movement snappier than what it would've ordinarily taken. Presently he is anything but a little time blogger and his blog is genuinely well known. So I'm expecting there's some legitimacy in what he says

RjMaan
06-13-2018, 05:03 AM
I would also not recommend to purchase the cheap web traffic because the traffic in not a real human. These are just a bots which are created through softwares.

jeffscott
08-02-2018, 03:11 AM
Buying web traffic is just like getting bot hits of sessions to your website because it is not authentic real people that visits your site.

RjMaan
08-10-2018, 12:47 PM
I am also the admin of a site and i use to run a website for about three years. I don't like to purchase the web traffic. I think one should focus on perfect SEO so that his site can rank high and have larger number of organic traffic.

Hospitality
07-08-2019, 08:20 PM
Buying traffic will not help your business, but rather hurt it. It's very likely Google will pick up on this activity and make your company appear lower in their search engine. Even if they don't, you still won't be getting real customers signing up and making purchases. There is no point in bots or poorly qualified people signing up for your site/products.

----------------
Charles
Wholesale Rental Supplies
Airbnb Toiletries for Guests (https://www.wholesalerentalsupplies.com/bath-toiletries)

DataDave
08-06-2019, 06:12 PM
Every time I have purchased traffic (say 2,000 hits of "real visitors") they are always fake. I see no sales, calls or even email inquiries. I would rather spend money to get to talk to someone then buy traffic that gets me nothing.

chrismarklee
04-12-2020, 02:53 PM
Website traffic is extremely important for SEO. Other factors are website age, indexed, mobile friends and trusted do follow back links age.

Dream Data
02-12-2021, 07:41 AM
No, there is no secret. Paid traffic is fake traffic. Paid sign ups are fake sign ups, just like fake "likes", "Follows", and You Tube views. It's done with automated bots and mills of people over seas paid to click stuff and make up fake profiles.

Yes they stay in business because of the constant turn over of people getting into the web business who will waste their money on tricks and shortcuts.

Don't do it. There are real lead generation companies out there in a lot of industries. They way it's done is that THEY generate the leads and sell them. Think Car sites, mortgage, timeshare, flowers, Home Improvement, and so on. Lending Tree is a good example. That is a lead generation site.

Anyone who claims that they can send you targeted traffic, regardless of what your industry or service is, is lying. They're generating bot and script traffic that looks good in stats programs. Stay clear. It's a scam and it's obvious to anyone who you will want to do business with based on website traffic. You'll look like a scammer.

I couldn’t have said it better than this

journalist55
02-07-2022, 11:56 AM
That's a really interesting point that I would not have thought of.

ofesak
06-10-2022, 07:45 AM
Natural paid traffic like Google or Facebook Ads is really expensive, that's why it is better to produce content and make SEO outreach.