PDA

View Full Version : Vangogh the posting machine

cbscreative
08-22-2009, 03:00 PM
I knew it was coming, now it's here. Vangogh is over 5000 posts. How he does it, I don't know, but he does. Congrats on over 5000 posts, vangogh! And it is not trivial stuff either. His posts are all signal and no noise.

We really have a double party here because Kristine is over 2000 posts. Amazing that vangogh's 5000 and Kristine's 2000 are on the same day, probably within hours of each other.

Free virtual drinks for everyone!

Evan
08-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Drats, a free physical drink would be amazing right now. Especially with all of this muggy weather!

Congrats Steve and Kristine!

orion_joel
08-22-2009, 11:40 PM
50% of the posts still seem to be with the top 5 members (by post count). which means almost 25% with Vangogh.

vangogh
08-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Thanks all. I have no idea how I manage to post as often as I do. A lot of the posts were in the first couple of weeks when I was trying to fill up the place after the move from the old forum. For about a week I did little other than to post. I remember the stats showing I was posting 60 times a day. Fortunately I don't have to do that anymore.

Where's the virtual party? I've got a virtual bar here and it's an open bar so drink up, virtually of course. Will someone bring the virtual chips and dip? Maybe we could have a virtual bbq while the weather is still nice.

Business Attorney
08-23-2009, 02:22 PM
I'll take a virtual cold one! Cheers to vangogh and Kristine.

billbenson
08-23-2009, 06:55 PM
Congratulations on a good job !!

Worth noting as well is the quality of the information as well. There are other forums with good information, but they are hard to find. I went by a forum the other night and some of the bad advice is a little scary.

vangogh
08-24-2009, 01:07 AM
I hear you Bill. Not to say that everything we say here is automatically great information, but the signal to noise ratio here is very high. In part it's that we keep out most of the noise, but just as important is all the people here posting signal. We have a great community.

Speaking of the community, we should congratulate both Joel and Bill for passing the 1,000 post milestone.

rezzy
08-24-2009, 12:17 PM
Congrats everyone! Keep up the good work. I am on my way to 500 posts :)... a small but good benchmark.

KristineS
08-24-2009, 12:42 PM
I think the thing that makes me most proud is what others have mentioned, the quality of the posts. There isn't a lot of "blah, blah good post" stuff here. There are substantive discussions which actually help people.

It isn't necessarily hard to build up 5000 posts, anyone can write gibberish and press the post button. To, however, build up 5000 posts that are quality information and helpful to those who read them takes work and talent. Bravo Vangogh!

cbscreative
08-24-2009, 01:50 PM
While there's still a bit of summer left, let's have this party at the park or beach. We can grill burgers or steaks over charcoal (the ONLY way to grill) and have everyone bring a dish to pass. Vangogh will need to transport that open bar, but since it's virtual, I don't see that as being a problem. We'll also have plenty of pure water and juice for those who prefer to abstain from alcohol. Who's bringing the watermelon? They are perfect this time of year. Oh yeah, we also need to grill some corn on the cob!