PDA

View Full Version : How can I use Facebook to grow business?

OrangeGrad
03-29-2017, 07:06 AM
I own a professional small business and to date, I have relied on word of mouth referrals. After someone suggested I use Facebook as a tool to reach new people, I started to make 1-2 posts per week and asked my current clients to like my page. My posting and asking for likes started in December and so far I have about 75 page likes and all are family/friends/clients.

Recently I was told i should buy Facebook ads as a way to get more people clicking on my page and possibly liking it. Another person suggested I find local community Facebook pages or local business pages with large Facebook groups and making a post to reference those people, hoping they repost my message and I gain likes through that process.

As may be evident, I have a very limited knowledge of how to utilize Facebook to my advantage. Would anyone here be willing to help direct me as to what may be the best course of action to grow my business. Ultimately I need people walking through the door, I'm using Facebook as a tool for people to find me or my website but I don't sell anything on either page, so physical phone calls or bodies through the door is the ultimate longterm goal. If it helps, I live in a moderately sized city, my reach is somewhere between 75,000 and 125,000 people within a short drive of my building. And there are an estimated 300,000 people living within a 10 mile radius of my building.

Harold Mansfield
03-29-2017, 12:09 PM
I own a professional small business and to date, I have relied on word of mouth referrals. After someone suggested I use Facebook as a tool to reach new people, I started to make 1-2 posts per week and asked my current clients to like my page. My posting and asking for likes started in December and so far I have about 75 page likes and all are family/friends/clients.

Recently I was told i should buy Facebook ads as a way to get more people clicking on my page and possibly liking it. Another person suggested I find local community Facebook pages or local business pages with large Facebook groups and making a post to reference those people, hoping they repost my message and I gain likes through that process.

I would fine tune my Facebook postings first. Read up on Facebook marketing to get some tips, and practice boosting a post every now and then and targeting your target demographic. It will take some time both learning and experimenting with new approaches to get maximum benefit from post boosts.

Once you think you have a good strategy and execution down from boosting posts, then try targeted ads. Again, read up on Facebook ads, tips, suggestions, copy wrting, and above all else the ad should either link back to your page which is totally dialed in, or a landing page on your website.

For a local business I'd suggest promoting a special, coupon, or discount that you can track to gauge response, rinse, improve, and repeat.

SumpinSpecial
04-03-2017, 08:19 AM
Mailchimp has a new feature that helps you create and manage FB ad campaigns. So far this new feature is even available to non-paying subscribers like myself (Mailchimp has a free "bottom-level" subscription type.) Since I wanted to run a FB campaign in February anyway, I used it. It's very nice. MC is able to track and report your statistics (opens, clicks, etc) and if it's integrated with your business web presence (my Shopify platform for example, but possibly also Quickbooks if that's all you use), then it can also report your return on invesment. Something that I haven't found in any other online marketing campaigns.

The reach and clicks on my campaigns (I ended up running two) were pretty good, got a couple of newsletter signups and my ad even got a few likes. I didn't get any sales that could be directly associated with the campaigns, though. So I'm not sure, still, of the power of online advertising. They seem to be great for building brand awareness but they don't bring in any appreciable sales. It sounds like your business is a local one rather than an online business like mine, so it's very possible that building awareness of your business in your local community is all you need, though. Facebook ads can do that easily. It allows you to select demographics of the target audience.

WarrenD
04-06-2017, 02:16 AM
You do need to work on your refining your Facebook posts, but that's a long term, brand awareness driven strategy. I use both posts and ads for my business, but I've found that merely boosting posts doesn't help me get more business. Being in the B2B space, I use Facebook's lead generation ads. What kind of business are you into? Understanding it will let me help you choose the right kind of ads.

adamxtubeage
05-05-2017, 05:29 PM
Running FB ads is quite complicated in terms of ROI. But there are many ways you can reach to your targeted customers. First do some research of your competitors (I didn't know what type of business you are in otherwise i can help you in that) and see how many likes their pages have. You have to find the main interest of your niche audiences this will help you creating a very targeted ads. Now if your competitors has many likes in their pages then scrape their users who liked the page those are your real targeted customers since they have already liked your competitors page means they are interested in that business you are in.

Now create a FB ad (video ad) as video ads are more reachable then normal ads as FB promote them and it cost less too since it has high engagement and reach. Targeted those users for your ad that you have scraped from your competitors page and also add your niche interests that you have researched and run the ad you will definately see positive results.

beetee
06-18-2019, 12:12 PM
I use fb alot for business and it works well for me. It depends what type of business. I prefer linkedin. However it depends on B2B or B2C.

chrismarklee
06-20-2019, 06:24 PM
You need to increase your friends. You need to focus on establishing relations ships with customer base

beetee
06-23-2019, 11:12 AM
Rachel Miller teaches marketing how to get organic likes, fans, buyers, and impact. I am going to be one of her customers soon for her program. It is about the algorithms too and not the ads.

chrismarklee
06-25-2019, 10:21 PM
You need to develop relationships with your customer base.

beetee
06-27-2019, 10:20 AM
You need to develop relationships with your customer base.

Yes and that can be done on fb.
I build relationships online and offline face to face.

Clifford Buda
08-24-2020, 09:13 AM
I feel Facebook messenger ads are so effective, and only few people skip this. As compared to feed ads, messenger ads are the best.

chrismarklee
08-29-2020, 12:39 AM
I can not stress this enough. I target local Facebook people for my Income Tax customers.

Dawn Fields
09-12-2020, 12:20 PM
On thing I know about Facebook is, you have to make your post engaging. It has to be something that would make people want to read, engage and share. I don't know form of business you have, but brainstorm ideas for articles or videos that will engage your audience. A great idea is to make, maybe a 1 to 5 minute video that educates your audience on what it is that you do. For example, if you are a tax preparer, make a video that gives tips on saving on taxes. If you sell clothes, make a video on the latest fashion trends, whatever. BUT GET THEM ENGAGED. Also, with Facebook post, you can schedule them out. So for example, you can spend Sunday setting up post for the week so that every day you have something hitting your feed. Hope this helps.

chrismarklee
10-11-2020, 01:11 AM
Is there any way to get trusted do follow back links from Facebook?

chrismarklee
01-16-2021, 04:22 PM
Looking for help on my Facebook marketing.