PDA

View Full Version : Hello Forum!

graphicscove
03-18-2017, 11:00 AM
Hello forum, I'm Steven, a web designer/developer in the UK.

I'm here to do a bit of networking, offer my services as well as provide help to anyone who might need it. I especially enjoy reviewing others websites to help them improve so you'll probably find me over in that area of the forum for the most part.

cbscreative
03-18-2017, 04:31 PM
Welcome, Steven. We have a lot of Steves here (vangogh is also a Steve) and a lot of web people (vangogh is also another web guy). You should fit in well here especially if you brought bagels or beer.

graphicscove
03-19-2017, 09:02 AM
Thanks!

It does seem to be a common name for creatives. There were 3 Stevens on the design team I last worked at (Including myself).

Sorry, no bagels or beer. I like spending time at the gym so there's no room in the eating schedule for that.. :p

vangogh
03-19-2017, 12:45 PM
Welcome to the forum Steven. Yep, another Steve here. It's a popular name on the forum for whatever reason. I look forward to getting to know you and thanks for joining the community.

cbscreative
03-19-2017, 07:04 PM
Okay, I have to admit that my bagel consumption is currently zero and should probably stay that way, but my craft beer appreciation is alive and well. However, craft beer is very filling and more difficult to abuse. I guess if my workout routine fails to prevent weight gain I need to reconsider but so far so good. Natural products tend to keep things balanced. The processed products are the ones that wreak havoc on the body. Since we share the commonality of working at a computer, that workout time and healthy choices are important. I don't drink craft beer as a snobbish decision, I get no ill effects from good quality beverages, but I certainly notice if I consume anything questionable. My tolerance was higher when I was younger but that's no longer true.

Maybe that's a bit off topic but we share the value of a good workout and I'm careful about what I put in my body but I can keep my metabolism going well enough and just need to control the toxicity. You're probably better off in the UK because the EU is more effective at banning toxic junk than the US is.

graphicscove
03-20-2017, 08:51 AM
@vangogh Thanks, I'm looking forward to spending some time on here.

@cbscreative It hit me when I noticed designers/developers at 30 years plus were looking a bit unfit. I realised a couple of years ago that putting in the effort now will mean I'm a bit more active when I reach that point.

cbscreative
03-20-2017, 11:46 AM
@cbscreative It hit me when I noticed designers/developers at 30 years plus were looking a bit unfit. I realised a couple of years ago that putting in the effort now will mean I'm a bit more active when I reach that point.

You're right. I made similar decisions in my 20's and now reap the benefits. I remember thinking I'd much rather cut back on non beneficial habits voluntarily then than have to make drastic choices later. I'm now 56 and very much enjoying life. I'm not as lean as I was then, not even close and a bit more spare tire than I prefer, but I stay within a weight range I can live with. As you age, it's far easier to prevent weight gain than to reverse it. It's like the joke, "I decided I needed to lose 10 lbs and I've only got 20 to go."

David Hunter
03-20-2017, 06:08 PM
Howdy, Steven!