PDA

View Full Version : What's your input?

ComponY
03-15-2017, 10:27 PM
I'm starting to do Web Development, SEO, and Company Security as a side job. So let me know what you think of the site (how it looks): capturefraud.com

cbscreative
03-16-2017, 11:49 AM
Congrats on your ambition to start a new biz. Visually, the presentation is fine but the writing is less than stellar to put it mildly. In addition to the presentation not doing well to instill confidence, just a quick scan of your Home page reveals at least two typos. Your middle heading in the gold area has "Lives Updates..." Your top paragraph next to it includes this, "and make sure it’s to your satisfactory!" You'll do considerably better to either take a writing class or two, or hire a qualified writer. The way it's written now, especially with typos, isn't going to be taken seriously by your target market.

That's obviously brutal honesty but your site visitors will be just as brutal but not bother to tell you. Correct this deficiency and you can turn this side job into a full time business.

turboguy
03-16-2017, 12:29 PM
I have to agree with Steve

Just as an example on the left side, the second segment you have.

LIVES UPDATES & FREQUENT REPORTS

We can supply you with a link, and that will allow you to see the progression of the website.

Shouldn't that be "LIVE" UPDATES

Your next sentence should be "We can supply you with a link that will allow you to see the progress of your website"

Harold Mansfield
03-16-2017, 01:37 PM
Why is it called "capture fraud"? I'm sorry, but that's a bad and confusing name for a web design service. You're not capturing fraud or teaching people to capture fraud. Your service has nothing to do with the name you've chosen.
If you were a credit card monitoring or identity theft prevention service, then that's a great name.
For web design, bad name combined with bad/ conflicting/ confusing color scheme.

Your site reads like a demo site. Lots of generalities, no real details of anything. It almost feels like a prop.

Even some of the copy looks like it was copied from some default text somewhere. For instance your "internet Security" page says nothing about anything. It's just 3 paragraphs of filler around the words "internet" and "cyber".

Also sentences like" We have been in the internet industry for 7 years..." makes things look even more suspect, or as if English isn't your 1st language.
This could be just a matter of hiring someone, however, since you're a web design company I kinda expect you to know how to get this right and do better. It's just confusing, and very "blah".

JMO of course.

ComponY
03-19-2017, 03:53 PM
Congrats on your ambition to start a new biz. Visually, the presentation is fine but the writing is less than stellar to put it mildly. In addition to the presentation not doing well to instill confidence, just a quick scan of your Home page reveals at least two typos. Your middle heading in the gold area has "Lives Updates..." Your top paragraph next to it includes this, "and make sure it’s to your satisfactory!" You'll do considerably better to either take a writing class or two, or hire a qualified writer. The way it's written now, especially with typos, isn't going to be taken seriously by your target market.

That's obviously brutal honesty but your site visitors will be just as brutal but not bother to tell you. Correct this deficiency and you can turn this side job into a full time business.

Ahh.. I didn't even notice those. Thank you for bring that to my attention. I know I'm not the best writer; I was actually going to hire someone to write those soon anyways. Anyway, I appreciate the feedback!

I have to agree with Steve

Just as an example on the left side, the second segment you have.

LIVES UPDATES & FREQUENT REPORTS

We can supply you with a link, and that will allow you to see the progression of the website.

Shouldn't that be "LIVE" UPDATES

Your next sentence should be "We can supply you with a link that will allow you to see the progress of your website"

Yeah, didn't even notice these. I typed all my pages in about 30 minutes. Didn't review it either, so thanks for brining this up!

Why is it called "capture fraud"? I'm sorry, but that's a bad and confusing name for a web design service. You're not capturing fraud or teaching people to capture fraud. Your service has nothing to do with the name you've chosen.
If you were a credit card monitoring or identity theft prevention service, then that's a great name.
For web design, bad name combined with bad/ conflicting/ confusing color scheme.

Your site reads like a demo site. Lots of generalities, no real details of anything. It almost feels like a prop.

Even some of the copy looks like it was copied from some default text somewhere. For instance your "internet Security" page says nothing about anything. It's just 3 paragraphs of filler around the words "internet" and "cyber".

Also sentences like" We have been in the internet industry for 7 years..." makes things look even more suspect, or as if English isn't your 1st language.
This could be just a matter of hiring someone, however, since you're a web design company I kinda expect you to know how to get this right and do better. It's just confusing, and very "blah".

JMO of course.

I do a lot of internet security, which is my best work. However, I thought if I'm doing internet security, I can probably make good money building a website from scratch, securing it, and doing SEO all at the same time.

Thanks very much for the input, much appreciated.

Harold Mansfield
03-20-2017, 11:30 AM
I do a lot of internet security, which is my best work. However, I thought if I'm doing internet security, I can probably make good money building a website from scratch, securing it, and doing SEO all at the same time.

It doesn't exactly work that way. You can't just wake up one day and decide your going into marketing because you know security. That's what website design is...understanding marketing.

You need to pick a direction, and an appropriate name and branding.

Also, what do you mean by "Internet Security"? That's a broad, general term. Specifically what is it that you do? This is what you need to make clear on your website. At the moment your site is unclear, very general, and you are NOT a designer.

Focus on what you do best, and either learn how to do the rest or hire someone to help with it. If you try and be everything to everyone, you will be nothing to anyone. Your current talents are not in website design. And security pays more and is more in demand. So I'm really confused here.

Again, the name...really, really bad. For $12 it's worth looking for something else.

MCMatt
03-21-2017, 02:31 PM
I disagree on the color scheme. If you google internet security and fraud prevention. Almost none of them use the black and yellow color scheme you are using. Most of them are blues and greens. A lot of research has been done with colors and customers trust. Black and Yellow are associated with construction. That's just my opinion.

turboguy
03-21-2017, 10:35 PM
Good point and the yellow he is using is very close to Cat tellow. If he wanted to push the security red might be better than the yellow but for the website work blue conveys a luxury or premium or green natural and peaceful