PDA

View Full Version : SEO vs SMO

Mannatsandhu
03-05-2017, 11:02 PM
which is more effective SEO or SMO ?

Owen
03-06-2017, 01:05 AM
which is more effective SEO or SMO ?

SEO because I look for local businesses through Google, not Twitter.

Harold Mansfield
03-06-2017, 05:19 PM
Depends on who your target is. I have a client that does well on Instagram and Twitter because that's where his industry is.
Another targets local customers and Facebook + Ads have been good for him.
As for myself, new money almost exclusively finds me online via specific search terms and phrases.

There is no one sized fits all. You do what's best for you. Get it where you fit in.

Of course you can't possibly know until you try a few things.

And you could be doing the right thing, but the wrong way. Way too many variables .

WarrenD
03-28-2017, 06:41 AM
Each of them has their own benefits. SMO helps you get traffic and conversions from social channels, while SEO helps do the same from search engines. Ideally any business should have a combination of both as part of its overall marketing strategy. SMO also has an impact on your SEO as social signals are increasingly important factors in search engine rankings.

ranib
05-28-2018, 02:48 AM
both are very important . SEO takes too much time to give result than SMO gives result in real time Digital Marketing Training|SEO Training|Social Media Marketing |Nagpur (http://www.capturous.in)

jeffscott
06-18-2018, 04:52 AM
There is no battle between SEO and SMO because those mediums are within optimization process.

JackAbram
02-27-2019, 07:20 AM
1. SEO(Search Engine Optimization)

It means optimizing your website for search engines, helps to increase traffic via search engines.

2. SMO(Social Media Optimization)

It is useful for sharing content off-site, helps to increase brand recognition and popularity among people.

Riley Lueilwitz
04-09-2019, 09:40 AM
SEO basically considered as well as a proven method of generating more traffic to your website. Yes, it took a little bit more time than paid ads but gives you traffic that stays for a long time and is definitely result-oriented.

Lewis-H
12-10-2019, 09:14 AM
These differences define that both SEO and SMO allow you to drive more traffic on your websites and you should focus on both services. But for more and short term results, SMO is better than SEO and for long term results, SEO is better than SMO.

chrismarklee
01-05-2020, 09:51 PM
I just read that the new SEO would give some juice to your no follow back links.

blackpropeller
03-11-2020, 01:54 PM
Both are important, as they essentially help each other.

Clifford Buda
07-17-2020, 08:58 AM
It depends of the budget you have. A startup business should always prefer SEO instead of SMM.

3M Safety Glasses
07-02-2021, 07:19 AM
Hi, Organic SEO is based more on keywords in blogs, back linking, localization services (Google Places) and webpage design, while SMO is based more on postings on social media sites. While both are considered important, SEO has traditionally been considered much more important.

JvilleJeff79
07-28-2021, 06:38 PM
I've seen the time and money put into SEO lasts... and grows... while SMO is like a one time hit, you pay, it might get a buzz (at best, usually doesn't) then drops off. Growing a big following helps though, each message is a hit (never got there).

I'm going with SEO.