PDA

View Full Version : Sage one v Xero for small retailer

Lcd83
03-05-2017, 11:11 AM
Hi

Just looking for opinions from people that have used both packages. I will be taking over a small retailer and have an accountant for vat returns etc but will be learning most of the day to day things myself. Both of these packages have an app that links to our Epos system for real time uploading etc but the Xero app has a cost and sage one does not

Could anyone recommend either of these in terms of ease of use, functionality etc. Or is it really a case of both do the same and people just like what they are used to?

thanks

vangogh
03-05-2017, 09:28 PM
I haven't used either, but I wanted to reply to keep your thread active. I searched one vs the other and found some comparison charts. Both seem to offer pretty much the same services. It probably is a case of both being fine and doing what you need and the choice coming down to personal preference.

I notice both offer free trials. Why not set up free trials with both and spend a few hours with each? You'll probably be able to tell in a short amount of time, which one is easier to use and get a feel for the different features. In my limited searching it looks like both offer different plans, naturally with more features, the more you're willing to pay.

Sorry I haven't been more helpful, but hopefully this will keep your thread active and get the attention of someone who has tried the software.

Littlefoot
03-09-2017, 02:12 PM
I am a bookkeeper and use Xero for several clients and have found it one of the easiest accounting packages to use. Xero is easy to setup and is now recommended by many bookkeepers as their chosen package.

One thing to look for, which can save a lot of time is the bank feeds - check that the bank you use is included.

As mentioned it is worth taking a free trial on both. There are lots of tutorials on Xero, so it is worth watching a few to help you get started.

Good luck with finding the right one.

theaccountingstudio
05-16-2017, 04:24 AM
My vote would be for Xero

g_nicks
08-07-2017, 05:29 AM
You could also try QuickBooks (https://tempcfo.com/), they have a plethora of functions and also have a robust backend and support system. You can get it setup ans give it a test.

Lewis-H
05-02-2020, 10:46 AM
Xero is great for start-ups and those with limited knowledge, whereas Sage 50 is better suited to more complex businesses with a stronger financial knowledge. As we deal with a number of charity clients, we would also recommend both accounting packages for charities.

myaccountinglab
12-01-2020, 11:01 PM
I don't have much experience with Sage 50. But I am working on Xero since 2012. I found Xero awesome. Most useful feature i found in Xero handling the multi currency. I have worked on QuickBooks online (https://www.fiverr.com/ghaffar_abdul/do-bookkeeping-in-quickbooks-or-quickbooks-online), QuickBooks Desktop, Wave, Rackon One and few more Bookkeeping software's but didn't found any one from these which will be comparable with xero for mutli-currency.