PDA

View Full Version : Broken Bones and Getting Back on Track

Patrysha
08-19-2009, 10:58 AM
My youngest son broke his forearm on the 8th - We went to the local hospital and they sent us off to the city to the Children's Hospital that night to have it set...my first solo drive into the city and at night to boot! We arrived back home the following morning just after 6am. Then Monday at his follow up the doc (who turned out to be a friend from grade 10!) wasn't happy with the way it was set and healing...so he had to go into surgery again on Tuesday morning at 6am. So I lost two days of work when I only expected to lose half a day.

So now...I'm facing getting back on track with two weeks left of the local shopping promotion and I have to fit in a couple of mystery shops in a nearby town in too...ugh! I hate rescheduling...

KristineS
08-19-2009, 03:39 PM
Your poor son, I hope he's feeling better now and that the arm is healing properly.

It is tough when you work for yourself because family things can send you so far off track and there's no one who you can count on to pick up the work. I guess all you can do is the best that you can and remember that these things will happen.

vangogh
08-20-2009, 12:44 AM
Sorry to hear about your son's broken arm. I fractured my wrist when it high school and it wasn't fun. Fortunately it wasn't a bad fracture and I healed pretty quickly, but still no fun.

How's your son doing now? Did he take the surgery ok? I hope he's doing well in spite of what happened.

Patrysha
08-20-2009, 01:35 AM
He's been pretty amazing through the whole ordeal...patient with all the hospital stuff (including long wait times and lots of hurrying up and waiting as we bounced around over the past week or so.

Things are mellowing out though and I got a fairly good chunk of work accomplished today (while keeping an eye on the boys) and I have a solid plan of action for tomorrow through to next Wednesday. A few longer days and I'll be back on track and within five weeks he'll be getting his cast off.

Of course we have the start of school, the wrap up of the promotion and a new promotion or two to launch in the meantime...it's always such a whirlwind around here!

vangogh
08-20-2009, 02:38 AM
5 weeks isn't too bad for the cast. I think I had mine for 6 weeks. On the positive side he'll get a lot of sympathy at school.

Good to hear he was patient through it all too.

cbscreative
08-20-2009, 02:55 PM
I too understand your challenges. Some of you may have noticed my inactivity here for a while from most of May through part of July. It's never fun playing catchup when you get thrown off rhythm. Patrysha, if your posts here on the forum are low, we'll know why. Some things just get thrown to the side when you face these kinds of challenges.