PDA

View Full Version : Small Digital Asset Marketplace

Owen
02-10-2017, 12:51 AM
What if we had a small marketplace like Namepros and Digital Ocean has? Make some requirements like you have to have 5 likes on your posts and at least 20 posts or something and then make it so, for example, I can sell a domain or something really quickly or a website or a theme. :)

vangogh
02-10-2017, 10:24 AM
I have no interest in doing that here. There are already marketplaces all over the web where you can buy and sell domains and themes. What you're asking is for me to do a lot of work and invest my money to start a new business that I'm not interested in starting or running so you can sell a few things that you can already sell elsewhere.

Business Attorney
02-10-2017, 12:16 PM
I agree with Steve. That is pretty much the equivalent of saying let's set up a place to sell physical assets, when you could have a much bigger audience by listing the items on eBay or Amazon. Why would a forum want to ever do that? And why would anyone ever want to sell on a forum that is not geared to attract buyers for those items.

Harold Mansfield
02-10-2017, 12:24 PM
What if we had a small marketplace like Namepros and Digital Ocean has? Make some requirements like you have to have 5 likes on your posts and at least 20 posts or something and then make it so, for example, I can sell a domain or something really quickly or a website or a theme. :)

IMO market places suck donkey carts. They end up being loaded with spam, and there's no way to verify the credibility or quality of the products and services that people are posting. It also changes the forum from what it is, a help and discussion forum, to a place where every noob is pushing their services and that turns people off who just want a place to discuss issues and get help.

Then you spend every waking moment deleting comments to questions like "I can help you with that, see my ad here", or "contact me outside the forum". Which we don't allow.

I agree with VG. There are plenty of marketplaces out there for you to list your stuff. This isn't that kind of place.

Owen
02-10-2017, 03:14 PM
: (((((((((((