PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone, Starting out here hailing from Central Texas.

Jman8310
01-26-2017, 07:40 AM
Name's Justin, my business is JC's Professional Headlight Restoration Service. I have a facebook page but don't know how to link it here for the business page. Basically I came here for 2 things. Feedback on my temp site jcheadlights.weebly.com and also seeking advice on how to score contract work with fleets and dealerships such as the best way to approach, present myself, and sell my service.

Last, I want you to tell me what you think of my own legitimacy of service.

vangogh
01-26-2017, 11:00 AM
Welcome to the forum Justin. You need to be here longer before you can add links. That's why you had trouble adding links. Sorry to say the site looks amateurish. When the bottom of the page is an advertisement for Weebly it sends a message that you're not a serious business. At the very least pay the $8 a month to Weebly so you can remove their ad.

As far as the idea itself, why not contact a few fleets and dealerships and see if they need the service, how often they need it, and whether or not they already have someone to do the work?

I look forward to chatting with you and thanks for joining the community.

Jman8310
01-26-2017, 09:14 PM
Welcome to the forum Justin. You need to be here longer before you can add links. That's why you had trouble adding links. Sorry to say the site looks amateurish. When the bottom of the page is an advertisement for Weebly it sends a message that you're not a serious business. At the very least pay the $8 a month to Weebly so you can remove their ad.

As far as the idea itself, why not contact a few fleets and dealerships and see if they need the service, how often they need it, and whether or not they already have someone to do the work?

I look forward to chatting with you and thanks for joining the community.

Thanks for the feedback. To be more precise, I was mostly asking for honest feedback on the actual content that I put on this website regardless of how it appears amateurish. For example, I would like a thorough critique on how I present myself, and on the Services page just how convinced you would be at the work I do and my confidence based on how much you know about this service or don't know. How trustworthy do I come off on this page and how knowledgeable to target audience? The whole website was updated earlier and I especially have new content in my "my work" tab showing off my last few jobs.

By the way I called every new and used dealer in town and a few of them took down my information for future reference most declined. I've also called at least 2 fleets and been declined, ran into a man sitting in a fleet truck with terrible headlights and waved at him and he said they really needed help with what I can do so I gave him all my information to forward to his superiors. Trying like hell honestly. My first 3 jobs were free and they really put me on the map on facebook. I've gone from free jobs on 2 old trucks and an old acura to paid jobs on a Nissan 370z, a Chevy Corvette, and other performance cars and they say that they have never seen a headlight look as good as when I get through with them. Through facebook ALONE I've got friday fully booked, one weekend appointment, and more requests awaiting my answer after they see my work every time.

But, I want to take this further and potentially make it a career. So, I come to you. Thanks again.

Jman8310
01-26-2017, 11:00 PM
917 918 This is two examples of my latest work.

This an example of my early work: 919

tallen
01-27-2017, 06:17 AM
Pick just one name -- go by either Justin or Dominic but not both.

Take a picture wearing a shirt without any design on it, just a solid color (unless the design is your company logo). Be wary of the background (you have a window sprouting out of your right shoulder).

Pay attention to the line spacing on your business card (the yellow text in the lower left).

On the "my work" page, don't mention that these lights were re-finished for free, and rather than saying the photos aren't good, do what you have to get some better photos (even if it involves hiring a pro photographer).

On the services page, I gather the main point is to contrast your method against that of the other guys. You may want to write a bit more explicitly about what the other guys do, why it doesn't work/last, and how your method is different, better, and more long lasting. I think you've got most of that there, this is really just about how you organize your thoughts....

You basically only have one service (headlight restoration), so is it really necessary to have a separate page? -- why not put this right on your home page? Or change the title of the page from "services" to "method" (or something)?

Marketing idea for when you are meeting with dealers or fleet managers -- go to a junk yard and get a pair of headlights that are really bad; refinish just one of the pair. Now you have a physical example of before and after that you can take with you to really show off your work (since photos alone don't seem to do it justice).

You state several places that you "guarantee" this or that. You need to explain how you are going to back up that guarantee -- money back? a re-do for free?

Do you have insurance or bonding? A dealer or fleet manager is probably not going to let you work on their property without your being able to show them a certificate of insurance.

I wish you were in my area, I have a car with some really bad headlights and could use your services!

Jman8310
01-27-2017, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the insight. And the reason I say Justin/Dominic is because I go my my middle name Dominic on facebook (so employers cannot simply google my private facebook) which is the epicenter of my business for now but outside facebook and on my business card it says Justin. Your response gave me an idea. I have an old buddy with a pair of headlights from a '95 honda civic laying around that i could use as a presentation perhaps if I do work on just one.

On that thought..I could probably pick up a bunch of headlights from the junkyard and restore them all and sell them for profit on ebay or in my car club, etc. More and more ideas coming thanks guys!

David Hunter
01-30-2017, 08:12 PM
Welcome, Justin!

I'm curious... does the highlights get fogged up again or will they stay clear like that after you restore them? The top of my headlights are starting to get that fog look and I hate it!