PDA

View Full Version : [Question] Media Outreach

rriley
01-21-2017, 06:44 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm considering offering an outreach service to a handful of clients at most. Within the service, I'd write an article and publish it on Huff Post (contributor acc), Medium, blogher, WN, buzzfeed, and instructables.

The service would allow for an instant boost in brand trustworthiness and credibility, or even one-up one's competition. It would definitely also give you bragging rights.

Note: for those who do SEO, this service would be no value as most links (except for one) are actually no follow.

Hypothetically speaking, would you be interested in a service like? and paying roughly $75?thank you very much in advance!

BizAdvisor
01-22-2017, 01:11 PM
Hypothetically... Absolutely! Any business that understands the importance of quality content, but lacks the resources to produce it can find your services easily beneficial.

Harold Mansfield
01-22-2017, 02:53 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm considering offering an outreach service to a handful of clients at most. Within the service, I'd write an article and publish it on Huff Post (contributor acc), Medium, blogher, WN, buzzfeed, and instructables.

The service would allow for an instant boost in brand trustworthiness and credibility, or even one-up one's competition. It would definitely also give you bragging rights.

Note: for those who do SEO, this service would be no value as most links (except for one) are actually no follow.

Hypothetically speaking, would you be interested in a service like? and paying roughly $75?thank you very much in advance!

I personally wouldn't, but I'm sure there's a market for it. I also think it's worth more than $75. Put together an absolutely flawless presentation, execution and customer service plan for this and you can charge more money than that.

If I was interested in it, I'd be skeptical of the quality and your ability because the price is so low. I wouldn't see it as a bargain, I'd see it as inexperience. Of course what I just said about quality and service is important. Just because it's worth more, doesn't mean you don't have to be the best.

Also, if you're going to toss out names like HuffPo, you'd better deliver. People will expect to see whatever garbage they give you published on the website. Not merely something that they find out later they could have done themselves. Just be clear and honest with people.

rriley
01-23-2017, 08:01 PM
Hypothetically... Absolutely! Any business that understands the importance of quality content, but lacks the resources to produce it can find your services easily beneficial.

I personally wouldn't, but I'm sure there's a market for it. I also think it's worth more than $75. Put together an absolutely flawless presentation, execution and customer service plan for this and you can charge more money than that.

If I was interested in it, I'd be skeptical of the quality and your ability because the price is so low. I wouldn't see it as a bargain, I'd see it as inexperience. Of course what I just said about quality and service is important. Just because it's worth more, doesn't mean you don't have to be the best.

Also, if you're going to toss out names like HuffPo, you'd better deliver. People will expect to see whatever garbage they give you published on the website. Not merely something that they find out later they could have done themselves. Just be clear and honest with people.

Awesome, thanks so much for your feedback guys!!!

sfidreamteam
02-05-2017, 01:07 AM
How could your service not be good for SEO? If you are syndicating content, then SEO will ultimately come into play.

To your success

Business Attorney
02-07-2017, 05:34 PM
I agree with everything Harold said. The concept is fine but I'd also be skeptical of the quality because $75 is such a low price. If my business was going to be the subject of an article on one of the sites you mentioned, it would only provide "an instant boost in brand trustworthiness and credibility" if the article were extremely well written and relevant to the reader. Otherwise, it could be just the opposite - an instant knock on my brand's trustworthiness and credibility.

MyBrandBoost
02-23-2017, 12:40 PM
I agree with everything Harold said. The concept is fine but I'd also be skeptical of the quality because $75 is such a low price. If my business was going to be the subject of an article on one of the sites you mentioned, it would only provide "an instant boost in brand trustworthiness and credibility" if the article were extremely well written and relevant to the reader. Otherwise, it could be just the opposite - an instant knock on my brand's trustworthiness and credibility.

Agree with you 100%. Having a boost to the business is one thing, but it can also could give your business the opposite impact which could be devastating. I do really like the idea however.

OP could you provide an example who what an article would look like? Also like everyone else mentioned, should charge more.