PDA

View Full Version : Review single page

nealrm
01-02-2017, 02:25 PM
I am updating my agent listings page to work better on mobile devices and to optimize speed. Please review my page (I am not ready for google to see this page, so you will need to manually adjust the URL)
www . houseviewonline . com / (this stuff and blanks) debbiethurman

Let me know what device you used, how it looked and speed. My goal for a desktop is under a second, and under 3 seconds for a mobile device with a good connection.

Neal

turboguy
01-02-2017, 02:55 PM
It loaded pretty fast for me on a desktop. I am not sure it made one second but it wasn't much slower than that. I would say that 80% loaded in a second and a couple of the home photos took another half second.

Overall I think it looks great, very modern and clean.

The only thing that I would suggest changing is the menu bar. You basically have a black bar with black text that when you hover over it turns to a bright white. However if you don't happen to hover over it you might not realize it was a menu.

Owen
01-02-2017, 04:14 PM
I am updating my agent listings page to work better on mobile devices and to optimize speed. Please review my page (I am not ready for google to see this page, so you will need to manually adjust the URL)
www . houseviewonline . com / (this stuff and blanks) debbiethurman

Let me know what device you used, how it looked and speed. My goal for a desktop is under a second, and under 3 seconds for a mobile device with a good connection.

Neal

Your website would look really cool if you got rid of the navbar-inverse background, made the <li> links darker, then added some sort of underline on :hover. Like this:

.navbar-inverse .navbar-nav>li>a:hover {
border-bottom: 1px solid #333;
transition: 1s ease-in;
}

Brian Altenhofel
01-03-2017, 11:17 AM
1.04s for DOM and 4.15s for all images - 25Mbps connection here.

Mobile (Verizon) was about the same. But really, I wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't been using timers.