PDA

View Full Version : Can you refer me to good product liab insurance co.s?

theDIfellas
08-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Hey whats up everyone. We are about to launch our product (unofficially) at an upcoming trade show. Before we do so, we'd like to get product liability insurance for our product/s.

Can you refer me to some reputable companies you've worked with? Thanks, oh and the industry is toys. Thanks!

Business Attorney
08-12-2009, 04:56 PM
I'd strongly suggest that you find a good agent and work with him to find the right policy for your business. All of the major insurance companies are rated by Best's, S&P, Duff & Phelps, Weiss and Moody's, so it is easy to compare the strength of the company. You should not be looking for the best company, however, but for the best policy to meet your needs. The strongest company may not have the best policy (or the lowest premium) to create the best fit for you.

Evan
08-14-2009, 09:15 PM
It's also important to note that this type of insurance isn't some sort of "boxed" thing you can get off the shelf.

For example, an accountant and attorney have two different types of risks based on the type of work they do. Even two different accountants or attorneys have different types of risk, because each perform different types of services, target different types of clients, and have more/less risk based on the number of people in the company to be covered. (So a small 2-partner CPA firm has a much different risk level than one with 1,500 partners.) To just say that this "pre-packaged" insurance policy is all you need would be an injustice.

theDIfellas
10-15-2009, 06:59 PM
just wanted to quickly thank evan and busn attorney for their help. I got all this stuff figured out for our team.. long work but glad its over with!

Evan
10-15-2009, 09:18 PM
Glad that you were able to get what you need. Best of luck!