PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Releases New Key SEO Features of Bing for Webmasters

Harold Mansfield
08-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Microsoft recently released a new 24 page document titled Bing: New Features Relevant to Webmasters. The PDF file detailed not only interface updates on Bing, Microsoft's own decision search engine, but also provides SEO tips for webmasters and web publishers. In addition, the white paper document contains instructive guidelines on how to create friendly, easy to index websites, as well as ways to make sites look attractive to search engine spiders.

Article:
Microsoft Releases New Key SEO Features of Bing (http://www.site-reference.com/articles/Search-Engines/Microsoft-Releases-New-Key-SEO-Features-of-Bing.html)

White Papers Download Via Microsoft:
Download details: Bing for Webmasters (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b93cfee4-7dfb-40ae-a405-dfa269a33a18&displayLang=en)Download details: Bing for Webmasters (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=b93cfee4-7dfb-40ae-a405-dfa269a33a18&displayLang=en)

vangogh
08-10-2009, 08:19 PM
You know I downloaded that PDF a week or two ago, but forgot to read it. Thanks for the reminder. Have you gone through it yet and did you find anything interesting? Any major differences optimizing for Bing and Google?

Harold Mansfield
08-10-2009, 08:38 PM
You know I downloaded that PDF a week or two ago, but forgot to read it. Thanks for the reminder. Have you gone through it yet and did you find anything interesting? Any major differences optimizing for Bing and Google?

No. I guess it came out in June, I just found out about it today. Gonna transfer it over to my laptop and go through it tonight from the couch.
I can honestly say, I rank better in Bing for my keywords than I do Google, so I had better get on it and see what they are doing.

It's nice to see SERP's without Wikipedia and You Tube hoarding the top spots like a Vegas hooker lunging for the last open seat at the high roller bar :D

vangogh
08-11-2009, 12:12 AM
I seem to be doing ok in Bing, which is odd because I never did particularly well in Live. Whatever they changed favored me. I can't say I have any complaints about that.

seolman
08-11-2009, 01:08 AM
I seem to be doing ok in Bing, which is odd because I never did particularly well in Live. Whatever they changed favored me. I can't say I have any complaints about that.

I suggest we start a new SE and name it "Crosby"

vangogh
08-11-2009, 01:29 AM
And then add it's sibling search engines Bob and Hope.

Spider
08-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Ok, Comedians! Have either of you read the tech stuff and picked up any plain-talk hints for us less-than-tech people to follow?

vangogh
08-11-2009, 12:25 PM
I haven't had a chance to read it yet Hopefully this week or over the weekend. My guess is it's not really going to say anything profound or so new, though obviously I don't know that for certain without reading it. Call it a hunch, but I think it will mostly be the same basic and general ideas about seo you can find most anywhere.

I will read it though and let you know if there's anything in there.

Spider
08-11-2009, 04:23 PM
I look forward to it - Thanks.