PDA

View Full Version : What to Do in the Face of an Ugly Social Media Crisis

Harold Mansfield
11-11-2016, 04:21 PM
We all hope it will never happen to us. After all, we're small. No one is paying attention right? Wrong, some of the biggest social media blunders have happened to unsuspecting people and companies that never thought in a million years that they could be thrust into the limelight.

With the way our knee jerk, constantly outraged society works, anyone, at anytime could be the next viral villain, or target of attacks simply from making the wrong Tweet, wrong response or saying the wrong thing that gets picked up by the right person or group that can make your life a living hell.

We've seen it happen to pizza joints, bakeries, small town county clerks, parents, kids...it happens.

Instead of relying on hope, it's best to be prepared so that in the slim chance you are thrust into the limelight that you aren't completely unprepared and make it worse.

What to Do in the Face of an Ugly Social Media Crisis | Social Media Today (http://www.socialmediatoday.com/social-business/what-do-face-ugly-social-media-crisis)

dewalds86
11-15-2016, 04:43 AM
Havent exactly eprienced that before but have had difficult clients on social media.

Owen
11-15-2016, 11:51 PM
We all hope it will never happen to us. After all, we're small. No one is paying attention right? Wrong, some of the biggest social media blunders have happened to unsuspecting people and companies that never thought in a million years that they could be thrust into the limelight.

With the way our knee jerk, constantly outraged society works, anyone, at anytime could be the next viral villain, or target of attacks simply from making the wrong Tweet, wrong response or saying the wrong thing that gets picked up by the right person or group that can make your life a living hell.

We've seen it happen to pizza joints, bakeries, small town county clerks, parents, kids...it happens.

Instead of relying on hope, it's best to be prepared so that in the slim chance you are thrust into the limelight that you aren't completely unprepared and make it worse.

What to Do in the Face of an Ugly Social Media Crisis | Social Media Today (http://www.socialmediatoday.com/social-business/what-do-face-ugly-social-media-crisis)

The worst experience I've had on Twitter was when a celebrity replied to my tweet then deleted their reply :(

Skydog
04-02-2018, 09:55 AM
I've seen this before with businesses getting bad yelp reviews. I think it really depends on the situation. If people are leaving bad reviews, it doesn't necessarily mean that people are needlessly attacking the business. It just means people aren't finding value in the product/service. And then there's always the customers who can never be pleased, so I don't think there's much you can do for that. The only thing you can really do is stand by your business and product.

But you're right, aside from regular customers, there's always the chance of getting an internet troll attacking your business. Or people overreacting, and getting worked up over a post.