PDA

View Full Version : Success Rates of affiliate marketing

Finddigitaltools
10-13-2016, 11:44 AM
How lucrative is online affiliate business? are there tips on how to make it big? and are there any preferable platforms ?

Harold Mansfield
10-13-2016, 01:18 PM
How lucrative is online affiliate business? are there tips on how to make it big? and are there any preferable platforms ?

Success rate is low. The hey day of joining Amazon, Ebay, Commission Junction, Clickbank, or any of the others, plopping up a few links on a blog and making money are over. It takes money to make it "big" because you need to have the kind of platform or service that attracts targeted traffic.

The most successful affiliates make their own deals at the source, they don't join platforms or services.

Look at some of the larger affiliates online like Lending Tree, and eBates. They've built something and advertise like crazy to drive traffic to their websites to get sign ups. You;ll never be able to beat people like that without going at them just as aggressively.

I think the key to affiliate marketing these days is finding high paying low competition niches, and then investing in your marketing and success to build something that goes beyond just relying on SEO, social media and hope. However, good paying affiliates are hard to find. Payouts are crap these days. Fraud has ruined what used to be some good opportunities, and fewer large companies have programs than did before.

Not trying to sound all doom and gloom, but it's never been easy, and it's even harder now.
You can get up and going and with some work start making a little side money. But if you want to "make it big" you're going to need to do much more than that. You need to do something amazing, and credible that people need, want or trust that you can leverage into targeted traffic.

Honestly, the best market for making money from ads and sign up or installs is the mobile market. Of course you have to have the kind of app that people want to install and use to make any money from it.

BizAdvisor
10-14-2016, 10:52 AM
I have no doubts that an experienced digital marketer who can actually develop a sound multi-channel strategy and knows what they are doing, as well as has the time to invest into affiliate marketing, can still do quite well in it. Someone who doesn't have much experience in marketing who is simply looking for a way to make extra money online with minimal effort... Not so much.

Harold Mansfield
10-14-2016, 12:20 PM
I have no doubts that an experienced digital marketer who can actually develop a sound multi-channel strategy and knows what they are doing, as well as has the time to invest into affiliate marketing, can still do quite well in it. Someone who doesn't have much experience in marketing who is simply looking for a way to make extra money online with minimal effort... Not so much.
I agree. It's not something you're just going to jump into and start making money. I'd even be so bold as to say, if you're not in it now, or in any similar field or marketing at all it will take you years and/or a lot of money and a good team to get up to speed.

customerblast
11-07-2016, 10:23 PM
Honestly, the best market for making money from ads and sign up or installs is the mobile market. Of course you have to have the kind of app that people want to install and use to make any money from it.

Affiliate marketing is not for the faint at heart and I definitely agree with your points - and its true mobile is hot these days. A friend of mine makes a lot of money offering free apps in the market then monetizing with advertising. Takes a lot of installs to make anything.

jeffscott
06-25-2018, 12:29 AM
An affiliate marketer must have the necessary experience for the field and this is to increase the conversion of the website.