PDA

View Full Version : Come on.

Bobjob
09-22-2016, 03:28 PM
Really Yahoo? You are up for sale and a sad sale it was. Then you were "breached" and user information was taken? My bet is they sold it to the highest bidder.

Harold Mansfield
09-22-2016, 03:32 PM
It wasn't a secret that Yahoo didn't have award winning security. I mean the only reason I have an account is because I like owning my name on everything, and for Fantasy Football. I stopped using Yahoo services around the same time I stopped using Earthlink for DSL.

Owen
09-22-2016, 03:51 PM
It wasn't a secret that Yahoo didn't have award winning security. I mean the only reason I have an account is because I like owning my name on everything, and for Fantasy Football. I stopped using Yahoo services around the same time I stopped using Earthlink for DSL.

I used to play Fantasy Baseball on Yahoo and I used to use Yahoo Answers before Quora got big. Haven't logged in in like 3 years

Brian Altenhofel
09-22-2016, 11:09 PM
Fantasy Sports is about the only thing that Yahoo does well these days and all I use them for.

I'm glad they finally confirmed my suspicions.

Bobjob
09-23-2016, 11:43 AM
I only got into fantasy football about 5 years ago. The best website in my opinion is NFL.com, then ESPN, then Yahoo. Although I may switch ESPN and Yahoo, because ESPN now makes you view a video before they let you see your points.

Harold Mansfield
09-23-2016, 11:45 AM
Sadly, this is Verizon's problem now. I wonder if they disclosed this before the sale agreement. Either way. the price should be a little cheaper now. I'm pretty sure they knew about this breach a while back and are just telling us.

By the way, 500 million..that's the biggest one in history. Congrats to Yahoo for being #1 again in something.

Brian Altenhofel
09-23-2016, 02:31 PM
I only got into fantasy football about 5 years ago. The best website in my opinion is NFL.com, then ESPN, then Yahoo. Although I may switch ESPN and Yahoo, because ESPN now makes you view a video before they let you see your points.

None of the ESPN leagues I'm in require a video. Are you sure it's not another issue causing that?

My biggest complaint with ESPN is the lack of auto-submit on sit/starts. It's 2016. If I swap out players, all I should have to do is drag and drop, not remember to click a relatively obscure "submit" button. Another one up there is lack of projections beyond the current week.

The Yahoo breach is from 2014. It's probably been waiting on the spin doctors to exhaust all of their options.

Bobjob
09-24-2016, 10:50 AM
Brian, I agree about that submit button. It got me two times before I figured it out. What I like about NFL is it's easy to locate projections and past points. To me the layout is more logical and easily navigable.

When I go to espn website my team and who I'm playing that week are off to the left. I click on it and I'm taken to Fantasycast football. Where I'm forced to watch a video before I can see my points.

Brian Altenhofel
09-25-2016, 04:05 PM
Instead of clicking the score, click your team name. That will take you to your roster. Then you can click Scoreboard for all of the scores in your league or box score for just your matchup. The box scores are updated in near real-time, you just can't see what's happening in different NFL games like you can in Fantasycast.

Harold Mansfield
11-12-2016, 12:03 PM
Now Yahoo is saying that Verizon may back out of the deal. I'm sure none of us are surprised and probably expected it after all that has happened to Yahoo after the sale was announced.
Just my opinion, but if they don't get something from Verizon, even though it will be paltry compared to what they were expecting, I don't see how Yahoo is worth much to anyone anymore. Users have fled, the search engine is almost non existent, the email is crap and it's clear that many of it's users don't even use it....they are just old accounts that people never deactivated.

What do you guys think? Will they have to include Alibaba now just to make a profit? Or does it end up on the trash heap picked apart for scrap?

Bobjob
11-14-2016, 11:30 AM
Or does it end up on the trash heap picked apart for scrap?

I gotta believe this is their future.