PDA

View Full Version : Google Launched AdSense for Feeds

vangogh
08-15-2008, 12:21 PM
If you have a blog and you have an AdSense account you can now have AdSense display in your feeds. It's something that's been expected for awhile and now it's becoming reality.

Here's the scoop from the Google Operating System blog (http://googlesystem.blogspot.com/2008/08/google-tests-adsense-for-feeds.html)

Might be a decent way to monetize your blog though several factors such as your topic and how many subscribers you have will likely affect how much you can earn.

orion_joel
08-16-2008, 10:14 AM
Hmm this could be interesting, however i am still a little wary and unsure of just how to monetize the two blogs i have, will post another topic for this specifically though.

vangogh
08-16-2008, 11:01 AM
I used AdSense on my blog when I started, but never really made much with it. Can't say I tried to do all the usual things like test where the ads would be best. I suspect my topic is technical enough where people aren't going to click and my traffic numbers aren't high enough to get the clicks either. CPC is pretty low for me too.

Still I may try adding them into feeds just to see what happens. I wouldn't expect much, but you never know.

For the most part it's search traffic that clicks my ads and not my readers so I can't imagine placing AdSense in the feeds will do much for me, but again you never know unless you try.