PDA

View Full Version : Need Entrepenuerial Opinions

RockConify
07-25-2009, 02:33 PM
I just created an internet application that is unlike anything you've ever seen on the internet. I'd like to get some feedback from other entrepeneurs. If you'd be so kind, check it out at RockConify (http://www.rockconify.com)

It's a marketing application, but ideally it will be self-explanatory. If not, then I have work to do.

Thanks to whoever takes the time(3 seconds to click a link)!

-Rob

rezzy
07-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Hello Rob,

First off, its not entirely clear what the page does. But my understanding of it is a basic link trading site.

Unlike anything Ive ever seen, yes and no. Link trading is nothing new. The 3d space portion is new. But I personally, dont like the idea of trading links with other unrelated sites. These type of applications have been done and dont seem to net any type of real return.

Google knows about them, so its unlikely to get any page ranking juice.

Harold Mansfield
07-25-2009, 05:07 PM
I have to agree that it's not as original as you think. It's actually a very old idea on the web, one that even today is not very well thought out.
They all never seem to answer the question, "Why would anyone visit the site in the first place to even see the links, let alone click on them", and "Why would I buy a link on an unranked page with no traffic, just to be put in with a bunch of other links."

It's the same as pixels. General links are not worthless, but modern day SEO looks for traffic or PR links on related websites and blogs.

If people do purchase links, they want to hear "it is", not "what if ?"
Sorry but no cigar.

billbenson
07-25-2009, 05:22 PM
Long load time! Unrelated links have no value.

Now what if all of the sudden you had 1000 links.

Unnatural link growth is a big flag to G. I'd run the other way from your service. I don't know any good webmasters who would use it. IMO your customers will only be people that don't know what they are doing. Sorry, but I agree, No Cigar.

nighthawk
07-25-2009, 06:12 PM
its just a pixel ad site in 3D. At least with pixel ads the link could be picked up by google (assuming google doesnt block the site), however your site is done in a java applet, so there is no SEO benefit at all. Additionally the "million dollar homepage" worked because it was unique concept and attracted a lot of media attention. People visited the site to see what the hell it was all about. There are millions of pixel sites now, most of which will receive next to no visitors whatsoever.

Sorry, but there is no benefit to your site, and I really cant imagine anyone buying a "rock",

Harold Mansfield
07-25-2009, 06:34 PM
I really cant imagine anyone buying a "rock",
At least not since the 70's :D
Pet Rock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pet_Rock)

nealrm
07-25-2009, 06:49 PM
The 3D portion is interesting. However using it for a link farm is a waste. I would recycle the interface to a better use.

Dan Furman
07-26-2009, 01:15 AM
I think it's a neat concept, and it's excellent that you took it as far as you did. But yea, the link thing isn't good marketing - I wouldn't sell it as getting links. So you're left with the 3d version of pixels, meaning this may not be quite as original as you think.

But I really commend you for taking an idea and actually making something. You are light years ahead of 99% of other entrepreneurs.

orion_joel
07-26-2009, 09:14 PM
Hmmm, yeah was taking to long to load and i got distracted by something else. Sorry but i did wait about 3 minutes, I am using 3G mobile boradband, but most sites load a lot quicker. This is going to be one of your big things, myself and others here may be willing to wait a little longer to give you some feedback but people that just land at your page either by search or otherwise will probably be not as patient.

KristineS
07-27-2009, 01:41 PM
It took forever to load and I bowed out before I really got to see what it was about. That's the first thing that would need to be fixed. As Joel pointed out, we're probably more likely to be patient than most, so if we won't wait, you need to get the load time to a more reasonable level.