PDA

View Full Version : Facebook "Bot"

erinpg
07-25-2016, 10:02 AM
I am currently working for a start-up company that is working on implementing an automated Facebook messenger service for small businesses. This "bot" would allow customers to set up appointments, ask questions, and add money to your store credit (powered through CinchKey...which is the company I'm currently interning for). The bot is new and has room for improvement, so we'd like your feedback on how you think you could utilize this, how you think it can be helpful, and if you'd consider implementing this. If you'd like to get a better idea of how it really works, you can go on Facebook, search "Lorna Spa Salon", and start chatting with the bot. Thanks!

vangogh
07-26-2016, 10:23 AM
Welcome to the forum erinpg. Messaging bots seem to be all the craze of late. My business has no need of them. I don't deal with a lot of customers that need to ask questions or set up appointments, etc. That's not to say all businesses will be the same, just that I wouldn't need them. As a customer I have no interest in chatting with a bot. I'm probably part of a generation that isn't going to care much. I can see where this will be the future, but probably not my future, if that makes sense.

Out of curiosity do people really want to spend money on store credit? I have people send me gift cards for iTunes or Amazon, but I can't think of too many businesses I'd pay for store credit. I don't mind having credit with a business the size of Apple, Amazon, Google, but there aren't many places like that.

KristineS
07-26-2016, 11:03 AM
I wouldn't use it. We do use social media extensively, and make sure we're very responsive to our customers, but I'm not a fan of automation. Most of the things your bot would do could already be done by other means. So I'm not really sure how your bot would be better option.