PDA

View Full Version : Week Three Local Shopping Campaign Update

Patrysha
07-25-2009, 11:02 AM
Over 1800 customers registered and in the computer so far, about 500 registrations behind in data entry judging from the pile. I had to resort to a less expensive printing option because printing of new registration forms was going to put me in the poorhouse if I kept up with the original structure. (I was up to 3500 forms printed...when the original plan/budget was for 1500)

80% of customers are local with 10% in immediate outlying areas (under one hour drive) and the remaining 10% non-local (visitors from within and outside the province).

495 on the email list.

$206, 800 has gone through the program though shop and win card holders at participating sponsors during the first 15 days or so of the promotion. There are about 1500 transactions to be added at this point. This is not new money for the most part people are saying they are spending about the same, and most taking the survey were already heavy local shoppers...

Feedback has been amazing and I am making plans to roll this into a permanent local shopping feature with additional features (referral awards and charity component)...and making preparations to take the whole shebang and sell the program to other communities.

Business Attorney
07-25-2009, 03:03 PM
Congratulations, Patrysha. Sounds like your price was too good for all the work and outlay you have to do, but over-delivering is a great way to build momentum.

Steve B
07-25-2009, 03:38 PM
I've forgotten the details of your program. Perhaps this should be added to the original thread.

Patrysha
07-25-2009, 04:05 PM
It is a ton of work...but it is fulfilling and it is not a money loser and it's already shaping up to be the basis for several new "product lines" that I can monetize very quickly (I think) - I don't think that I'll be increasing the rate either...$147 a month with a two month minimum commitment is doable for most small businesses and once the initial groundwork is done the data management will be a snap (and can be completely outsourced inexpensively).

I've already got several side ideas for niche markets within the local community (brides, moms to be, gardening enthusiasts, outdoorsy stuff, tourism) that I can on as optional components in addition to the main program.

I can outsource a great deal of the work involved and manage several programs at once with little effort...and all the effort I do spend will be the stuff I love doing and that I thrive on...

If I can get 30 sponsors for the permanent program, the first thing I'll do is outsource the data entry. It's tedious and my son is too much like me to want the job.

vangogh
07-26-2009, 12:15 PM
Congrats on the early success. Outsourcing the data entry sounds like the right way to allow the campaign to scale. I've done a variety of data entry jobs over the years and now am very happy to let someone else do that work.

KristineS
07-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Sounds like it is going very well. I'm happy to hear that things are progressing nicely. Here's hoping it continues, and you can outsource the boring work.