PDA

View Full Version : Should I improve the quality of my writings?

dreamedfortune
07-19-2016, 03:20 PM
Hello everybody,

I would like to run a new business and I am interested in helping people achieve financial independence.
I like to write, that's why I created a website on this subject.

However, English is not my mother tongue so I would like to get the opinion of native English speakers.

What do you think about the writing quality of my texts? (spelling, turn of phrase, ...)

Thank you to answer honestly.

Here is the website:

dreamedfortune.com

Regards

vangogh
07-19-2016, 09:34 PM
Your English is good. In fact it's better than a lot of people who are native English speakers.

Harold Mansfield
07-20-2016, 01:00 AM
The English looks fine to me. As VG said, better than most native speakers. We wouldn't normally call it our "writings". We'd say "copy" or "Copy writing", or just simply "Hows my English language skills?".

KristineS
07-20-2016, 03:49 PM
Vangogh is right. I've seen websites created by native English speakers that weren't done as well. I would say you're fine.

dreamedfortune
07-20-2016, 04:52 PM
Thanks a lot for your feedback, I'm happy to read that! It is motivating to see that the quality is already good for native English speakers. I will try to do even better in the future. Thanks again and I will remember your point Harold Mansfield.

Harold Mansfield
07-20-2016, 06:37 PM
Thanks a lot for your feedback, I'm happy to read that! It is motivating to see that the quality is already good for native English speakers. I will try to do even better in the future. Thanks again and I will remember your point Harold Mansfield.

Just subtle nuances and I guess "industry jargon" if you're speaking to that market. Especially when it comes to your SEO. I comprehend what you write perfectly fine. I don't think you have anything to worry about on a website.