PDA

View Full Version : What Does Your Home Office / Work Office Look Like?

Owen
07-17-2016, 11:40 PM
Personally I really don't have a work office but I do have a home office. Here's what it looks like:

I have an Apple keyboard, Apple mouse, Apple monitor, Stacktron mousepad, Logitech wireless headphones (currently charging), an old WD 1TB ext hd, and a Macbook Air (currently starting to sell so I can get a Macbook Pro).

Send over a picture of your home office / work office :D

Brian Altenhofel
07-18-2016, 10:31 AM
Here's my desk (when it was cleaner than today).

I often also have a tablet between the lower monitor and laptop, too. The tower also has a built-in cup holder.

Also, sometimes a keyboard connection needs some additional support...

Harold Mansfield
07-18-2016, 12:24 PM
This picture is from last year, but it hasn't changed much. More shelves on the other side of the room, a second server, and a new printer that I never use for anything.

Bobjob
07-19-2016, 10:16 AM
I've always been envious of computer people's clean desks. I clean mine about every three months, it's currently due.

Brian Altenhofel
07-19-2016, 01:20 PM
I've always been envious of computer people's clean desks. I clean mine about every three months, it's currently due.

That's clean compared to mine at the moment.

Owen
07-19-2016, 01:53 PM

Someone likes peanut butter, huh?

Bobjob
07-19-2016, 02:39 PM
I'm glad I missed out on the tattoo craze. But if I did have a tattoo, and a tattoo is supposed to represent a part of your life, my tattoo would have to be of Jif in some manner. :)

Harold Mansfield
07-19-2016, 03:22 PM
I've always been envious of computer people's clean desks....

For me it's easy. No paper. No files. No receipts everywhere. I don't have scribble notes everywhere. I take calls like a customer service agent, and type it all in. I save contacts immediately and keep business and personal separate. I use both an office server and cloud storage to back up files.

For things like supplies, electronic parts, cords, and so on I use some simple shelving and Rubbermaid products to keep them organized and off my desk or scattered around. My desk doesn't even have drawers. Drawers are just places to cram junk for me.

There's also another taller 5 shelf unit on the other side of the room.

I don't even have any entertainment on disks or tape.

Other than that, I throw stuff away. For me clutter was stuff that I was always going to get back to, and never do. I can be a hoarder that accumulates junk easily. I was saving electronics and components that were obsolete over a decade ago. I can honestly say that I don't have boxes of crap anywhere anymore.
(By the way, I've been saying for years that there needs to be an old electronics and digital trash pick up service that is affordable.)

When I took away all of the places to keep clutter it forced me to deal with things in real time.

I understand that different offices have different needs and some people deal in paper, contracts, faxes and so on. Just telling you how I do it.