PDA

View Full Version : Hey, I would like to get feedback

gee mall
07-07-2016, 03:11 PM
Hey, I would like to get feedback on our website and our solution for price comparison mobile apps!

We are a small team of 5 and have been working in the price comparison & mobile app development field over the years.
Seeing, that consumers often can't afford an app or other software to improve their shopping operations we have decided to enable consumers with limited budgets to shop to benefit from having a price comparison mobile app.

Our solution can be used for:
• product catalogs
• compare prices
• Watch out for hot products and spot trends
• Check out product details
• Find out who’s selling what
• Keep up to date on price
• Pay attention to user ratings and reviews
• Compare levels of service
• and much more...

Try it and let us know what you think about it! Thank you

Harold Mansfield
07-07-2016, 03:27 PM
Hi gee mail. I removed the post moderation and moved your post to Design and Development. Since there is no link I assume you want feedback on the concept.

My first reaction is that this already exists in various forms. There are shopping and price comparison apps everywhere. Amazon has most of the functions that you are speaking of, and shoppers frequently compare online prices to in store prices on the fly.

You can also use Google to scan bar codes, QR codes and simply just take a picture of a product and it will return results, prices, reviews and information about the product using just your normal camera. No apps needed.

Here's how it works:

Install Google Now (standard on most Android phones).
Open camera.
Point it at a product, bar code or product box.
Hold your "Home" button.
Google will search for the product or similar products.

So what is different about yours?

You also start from an assumption that is unproven: "Seeing, that consumers often can't afford an app or other software to improve their shopping operations".
Where do you get the premise that consumers can't afford apps or software? Or that this is a problem that needs to be solved?

Sorry to play devils advocate but I spend most of my time closing the gap in people's marketing. Deciphering how they get from one thing to the next and replacing assumptions with facts that they can actually leverage to target a market.

I have an app installed called Mr Phone that compares every model of smart phones side by side. You put in which models you like to compare and it has side by side specs. To me that is not only useful, but original and fills a niche. Is your app something like that?

If you want a review it would be helpful to see a website, link to the app store, or something. I can't promise that I'll install it on my phone to review it, but someone may.