PDA

View Full Version : Some quick basics on putting together a Social Media campaign

Harold Mansfield
06-30-2016, 04:28 PM
AddThis, the social sharing tool always has some nice blog posts about social media.
Thought I'd share this one that goes over some basics for when you're deciding where your target market lives.
It's an older one from 2015, so usage numbers have gone up, but still a good reference point.

How to Build a Social Media Strategy | AddThis Blog (http://www.addthis.com/blog/2015/09/11/how-to-build-a-social-media-marketing-strategy-for-your-business/)

alyssa.redkite
08-11-2016, 10:19 PM
Thanks for this Harold! Indeed, this information is very useful, especially now that I am trying to figure out how to market our company through social media.

KristineS
08-12-2016, 11:28 AM
Google + has 300 million monthly active users? In what reality? I mostly agree with the rest of the article, but there's no future in Google+ and no reason to use it. I have yet to read any stories, not from Google, about anyone who did well with a Google+ profile for their business.

Harold Mansfield
08-13-2016, 12:52 PM
Google + has 300 million monthly active users? In what reality? I mostly agree with the rest of the article, but there's no future in Google+ and no reason to use it. I have yet to read any stories, not from Google, about anyone who did well with a Google+ profile for their business.

It is used quite a bit by tech people. it's where all of the tech communities are, and more importantly it's where all of the Google developers are and their various developer communities.

Also, if you have an Android phone you have a Google account. Technically you automatically have a Google+ account..whether or not you utilize it is another story. People use that account to log into things and to access other Google services.

Google Apps is also pretty popular for businesses, and again Google+ is where that community is. Your Google+ account is also your personal or business profile info for those services.

I use Project Fi mobile service...when I need to know something about Fi...Google+ page or Fi community.

Also, any business with a Google places listing, adwords account and so on also has a Google+ profile.

So while it may not be a social network that we think of when comparing it to Facebook, it actually is used by a certain demographic for certain reasons.

cheta
08-15-2016, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the tool, i will check it out and see if it is worth buying. As for the social media campaign, one tip i suggest joining Facebook groups and pages as many as possible, that are related to your niche and posting your website and promotion message to them. that is a very good facebook marketing strategy.

KristineS
08-15-2016, 12:43 PM
It is used quite a bit by tech people. it's where all of the tech communities are, and more importantly it's where all of the Google developers are and their various developer communities.

Also, if you have an Android phone you have a Google account. Technically you automatically have a Google+ account..whether or not you utilize it is another story. People use that account to log into things and to access other Google services.

Google Apps is also pretty popular for businesses, and again Google+ is where that community is. Your Google+ account is also your personal or business profile info for those services.

I use Project Fi mobile service...when I need to know something about Fi...Google+ page or Fi community.

Also, any business with a Google places listing, adwords account and so on also has a Google+ profile.

So while it may not be a social network that we think of when comparing it to Facebook, it actually is used by a certain demographic for certain reasons.

Fair enough - it is used by certain groups. Made a classic marketing mistake there, assumed that since I didn't use it and didn't know anyone who did, than nobody was using it. Good lesson to be reminded of once again, never assume that every demographic out there has the same experience you're having. :o

Harold Mansfield
08-15-2016, 03:01 PM
Fair enough - it is used by certain groups. Made a classic marketing mistake there, assumed that since I didn't use it and didn't know anyone who did, than nobody was using it. Good lesson to be reminded of once again, never assume that every demographic out there has the same experience you're having. :o

That being said, everyone still agrees that it kind of sucks and Google hasn't done much to help make it any better :)
The configuration with Hangouts is kind of confusing. It all works together, but Google has a way of over complicating things for the average user.

I honestly like the G+ app far better than the Facebook app. The Facebook app is a battery hog. On that Google did well. Sadly none of my friends are on G+.

smartkpis
03-19-2017, 05:28 AM
Great tip you got there!

I think another tip that anyone who wants to develop their social media campaign is to have social media measurements. This way they know how well each social media site have been a benefit to the industry.

Some of the basic social media measurements are:

Response Rate: the percentage of user posts or questions that the administrator responded to.

Response Time: the average amount of time that it takes for the administrator to respond to user posts or questions.

Engagement Rate: the amount of user interactions (likes, comments and shares) that occur on your page.

Key Influencer Identification: identifying the users that most frequently interact with your page’s content.

User Activity: identifying the times of days and the days of week in which your users are engaging most frequently with your page.

Distribution of Fans: identifying which countries your fans are from.

By monitoring and checking how their social media sites do, they understand the best tactics to put forward a social media strategy.

So before anything else, I think one of the essential points of a social media campaign is the measurements themselves.

Goodluck! I hope that helps!

Bookmemate
03-20-2017, 03:21 PM
Anyone got an updated version of the info in the OP? It's two years old at this stage but the comparison format was quite useful in terms of numbers of active users on each of the social media platforms.

Harold Mansfield
03-20-2017, 04:27 PM
Anyone got an updated version of the info in the OP? It's two years old at this stage but the comparison format was quite useful in terms of numbers of active users on each of the social media platforms.

Try here: Global Social Media Statistics Summary 2017 (http://www.smartinsights.com/social-media-marketing/social-media-strategy/new-global-social-media-research/?new=1)

Bookmemate
03-20-2017, 07:28 PM
Try here: Global Social Media Statistics Summary 2017 (http://www.smartinsights.com/social-media-marketing/social-media-strategy/new-global-social-media-research/?new=1)

Awesome, thanks Harold. There is some great info on that site - I suppose no surprise big F is dominating in many categories. Also very useful to learn a bit about the APAC specific sites like QQ.

adamxtubeage
05-05-2017, 05:57 PM
According to my experience FB is the big one for sure but to create a social media campaign you have to see many factors and that is totally depends on what type of business you have. For example if you have an online store for clothes then for you the best social networks will be FB and Pinterest both works very well and i can say Pinterest will provide far more good sales in this business then FB.

On the other hand if you are offering any type of online course or marketing softwares then FB and Youtube are the best social networks for you. On both type of business FB is there.

Also, Don't forget to add FB Messenger in your business nowadays more and more businesses are using it as its works like an autoresponder with 100% delivery rate.