PDA

View Full Version : SeeBob.com Free Ads -Review Please

painperdu
07-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Aside from the insanity of trying to start up another classifieds site, please give me feedback on SeeBob.com (http://www.seebob.com)

Is it too plain, ugly, doesn't look like a place to post classified ads? Colors?

How about the name? Easy to remember? Too kooky?

vangogh
07-24-2009, 12:16 AM
Starting up another classifieds site? That's insane :)

The name is easy to remember. I'm not sure what the connection between seebob and classifieds is, but then again what's the connection with craigslist? Seems easy enough to remember which is the more important thing and I can people saying "Oh just see bob" or something like that.

The site design isn't really inspiring. I know classified don't really need to be beautiful and CL is far from a beautifully designed site, but it's also one of the complaints you hear about Craig's List. Maybe one way to compete with them would be to have a nice professional design.

I notice that currently everything is in Louisiana. Is the idea to build the site up for LA and then later expand as necessary? I assume so and think it's a good idea to start that way. Tying into the above thought about design you could create a header with an image representative of each location. The New Orleans header would show images of New Orleans, the Lafayette header would show images of Lafayette. That might help generate a little more trust with locals as they browse the classifieds. It might make them feel like the site is tailored more to their specific needs which it would be.

painperdu
07-24-2009, 05:42 AM
Yeah, I think CL and most of the other classifieds sites are leaving a few doors open. Maybe someone can, me?, crawl through one of those doors.

I think I'll use your suggestion about the header.Thanks!

KristineS
07-24-2009, 08:40 AM
I have to agree with Vangogh, the current site design is very unexciting. It basically looks like every other classified ad site out there, which could be a positive or a negative, depending on what you want the site to do.

I do like the name, and it may well catch on like Craigslist did.