PDA

View Full Version : How are people offering sales/coupons with WordPress and Paypal

aschleicher311
06-25-2016, 10:41 AM
Hi!
So I have a WordPress site and adding a PayPal button seems to be the only way that works to offer customers to make a purchase (I tried woo commerce but that only works with an unhosted wordpress.org site and I have no idea how to do that). My problem is that I want to offer coupons/coupon codes to customers but PayPal doesn't support this function.

I can't be the only one in this boat! What are other people in this situation doing?

Thank you!

Amanda

Harold Mansfield
06-25-2016, 10:57 AM
Hi!
So I have a WordPress site and adding a PayPal button seems to be the only way that works to offer customers to make a purchase (I tried woo commerce but that only works with an unhosted wordpress.org site and I have no idea how to do that). My problem is that I want to offer coupons/coupon codes to customers but PayPal doesn't support this function.

I can't be the only one in this boat! What are other people in this situation doing?

Thank you!

Amanda

I don't understand what you mean when you say Woo Commerce only works with an unhosted WordPress.org site.
Are you saying your current site is on WordPress.com? If so, you will probably need to upgrade to one of the business or premium plans to be able to use anything eCommerce like Woo Commerce. But you probably want to double check that. I looked and although I see older articles that say premium WordPress.com does eCommerce now, I don't actually see it as a feature anywhere on the website.
https://wordpress.com/pricing/

If you're using the free version of WordPress.com as far as I know they don't allow Pay Pal buttons, ads or anything like that. You probably will have to move to a self hosted version which comes with Woo Commerce by default if you need that kind of functionality. WordPress.com is just for the basics of publishing.

If you've seen a WordPress.com site with a store front, point it out and we'll be better able to tell you what they're using and how.