PDA

View Full Version : What online marketing problems are you struggling with?

WebsiteDoctor
06-14-2016, 01:11 PM
I'm creating some free videos and guides for business owners.

I'd like to know - related to websites and online marketing - what is the single most urgent or important issue to you right now?

kb24
06-14-2016, 08:04 PM
I would have to say the majority would be how to get targeted traffic..

WebsiteDoctor
06-15-2016, 06:00 AM
I would have to say the majority would be how to get targeted traffic..

Thanks kb! It's really interesting to see what people answer - I'm running a survey here (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DRV83CG) and the responses are all unique.

Fulcrum
06-15-2016, 07:53 AM
a survey here[/URL] and the responses are all unique.

That's due to every business being different. There may be similarities and struggles, but at the end of the day every business is different.

pkaiken
06-25-2016, 06:29 PM
I currently have a kickstarter campaign and cannot get enough backers to pledge. I have a unique magnetic repair guide that shows a technician how to disable a game system, computer, or smartphone or tablet. Many have said that is "smokes" every other repair guide on the market and many are begging to buy it now. But I have struggling to get my campaign recognition. I have followed over 2000 repair stores and repair schools on twitter, instagram and post daily. I get many likes on my posts daily and many followers daily. But this has not affected my campaign at all. I know internet marketing is a little unique for crowdfunding sites so I hope this is relevant to your survey.

LocalSearchSolutions
08-10-2016, 11:32 AM
I currently have a kickstarter campaign and cannot get enough backers to pledge. I have a unique magnetic repair guide that shows a technician how to disable a game system, computer, or smartphone or tablet. Many have said that is "smokes" every other repair guide on the market and many are begging to buy it now. But I have struggling to get my campaign recognition. I have followed over 2000 repair stores and repair schools on twitter, instagram and post daily. I get many likes on my posts daily and many followers daily. But this has not affected my campaign at all. I know internet marketing is a little unique for crowdfunding sites so I hope this is relevant to your survey.

What do you need funding for? Self publishing has never been easier. Amazon and other similar outlets are made just for you. What is the ask in your kickstarter campaign???

alyssa.redkite
08-10-2016, 11:20 PM
I'm currently in charge of marketing our company on various websites. I've just started Monday and I'm trying to create a guest post for a popular site but it has proved to be extremely difficult since I have to adapt to the site's writing style. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm struggling with organic link building.

Hope this helped.

Rohit
08-11-2016, 03:19 AM
To generate organic traffic quality link building is the most powerful way and among different techniques, blogging is probably the most result oriented technique. Now here come some related issues. It is getting more difficult to find a unique topic to write, even if I have one it is difficult to get it accepted in established blog sites. Also, another thing is, who can write very well is not the expert on the topic and who is the expert on the topic, can't write well.

ChadR
08-11-2016, 11:11 AM
I agree, quality content is one of the best ways to attract the right audience and build organic results. Start writing 500-700 word blogs on interesting and relevant topics to your target audience. This is where good market research comes in. Related to the original question, I think finding the right message to each of your targeted audience segments is one of the more difficult challenges in my business.

If you have followers on social media already, create posts related to the blogs. See which posts get the most likes and shares, and boost those with a few dollars to increase the reach. Don't forget to link any social posts directly back to the blog or unique landing page on your site, and not your home page. This will help your audience. Building organic content marketing can take a little longer to see consistent traffic than PPC, but will yield better long term results.

misswaterway
08-12-2016, 10:32 AM
I don't know why people do not subscribe to my Blog. I don't post religiously, just when I have something new to say and I don't wanna add a POP UP which forces people to register as it's not eCommerce. I wanna build a client community though, I've been thinking of changing my content and adding some free stuff or not sure. I wanna start email marketing

SZ Alliance
08-29-2016, 04:42 AM
Most of the problems faced by marketers is to get quality converting traffic for an affordable price. There is no magic bullets to this and can only be solved through hard work and research

Sarah K
09-30-2016, 01:03 AM
Getting unique content listed in the search engines with good rankings. Always a struggle, but I try and target keywords that don't have a crazy amount of competition, but have 1k-5k search uses per month.

So I'd say the biggest issue for me is getting ranked on the first page of Google.

Krystsina
10-08-2016, 03:15 PM
I agree on the problem of getting targeted traffic. Apart from that, I would also add the problem of promoting the business through different platforms and following the rules of these platforms on spamming. I don't really understand why it is forbidden to share the link, let's say, to your own blog where you published a post that can be really useful for the person to read. If the person asks to suggest, for example, how to register your own business in England, and you just wrote a piece with detailed explanations about it, why can't you just share the link to help this person?

abdulrahman
10-15-2016, 08:14 AM
The biggest problem I have in marketing is confusing in selecting the right path I should go for, plus exaggerated in traffic services pricing , I think this is my biggest problem I have ever faced since I start my own small business

Alouly
02-07-2017, 12:17 PM
For people to follow your blog ONLY is not a motivational reason for them to subscribe....you need to give them something with good value for them to subscibe...like a free report or something that your type of audience would be interested in.

twoodal
02-21-2017, 03:51 PM
I struggle with providing consistent content. It isn't a struggle, it is just something that takes work

Alouly
02-21-2017, 10:44 PM
Yeah having a blog and continuously adding articles/posts every couple of days is not cool at all...lol. I stay away from blogs and try marketing using different methods and simple website. Jus marketing your offers by itself is a full time job..

Bookmemate
02-27-2017, 06:41 AM
Definitely agree on the time marketing activities can take out of your day - one thing that is working well for us is just engaging in communities like this one where some of our target market are active. This in itself is time consuming but we also learn from the rest of the community so it is a quid pro quo situation.

DennisW
05-31-2017, 04:44 PM
Pretty much what everyone else has described--we spend a lot of time trying to create a larger online presence but it definitely is time consuming. Trying to create content and managing blog posts isn't exactly easy either

g_nicks
06-01-2017, 03:20 AM
You can have a subscribe option, something that doesn't hamper user experience, but at the same time prominent enough for your visitors to see it.

g_nicks
06-01-2017, 03:22 AM
Internet Marketing is not easy.. the major issue that I face with my blog is writing constantly and getting people to read it!

Bizsort
06-01-2017, 09:23 PM
this is so true, content writing is not for everyone it seems :(

Darcie-amber
06-08-2017, 06:21 AM
My biggest hinderance is the lack an adequate, sustainable web presence. If i do it myself, it looks like crap and reflects poorly on the business. If i hire someone to build an expensive custom solution, i can't update it by myself, and it's equally expensive to keep updated. Oh Gosh, i am stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Ronpfid
07-22-2017, 01:15 PM
For me, email marketing is the hardest. With all the annoying spam now a days, I think it's a knee jerk reaction to just delete any email that looks like an ad.
We do printer and copier service and supplies for businesses, so I guess we don't search for 'customers' more for 'clients' if that makes sense. Retail looks for just selling to customers, where we need to have a relationship, almost like an accounting firm does with their clients, where a business would 'use us' regularly, that's a tough nut to crack! So trying to target businesses and 'get at' the right person is more than hard.