PDA

View Full Version : Where can I promote my blog?

ramz
06-02-2016, 12:05 PM
Hi, I have created recently a blog related to web development and I'm trying to promote it with social media and sites like promoteproject.com and bizsugar.com. Also I'm posting in other forums and blogs with a signature, and I'm answering questions in Quora but I would like to make it grow faster. Do you have more (free or low cost) ideas?

Harold Mansfield
06-02-2016, 12:10 PM
Hi, I have created recently a blog related to web development and I'm trying to promote it with social media and sites like promoteproject.com and bizsugar.com. Also I'm posting in other forums and blogs with a signature, and I'm answering questions in Quora but I would like to make it grow faster. Do you have more (free or low cost) ideas?

Nope. It takes time and sometimes money. There is no free or easy way to promote a business online. I will say this, you won't get anywhere merely dropping links around the web. Every day hundreds or thousands of people are starting a new blog and it's been that way for almost a decade.

You need an online marketing strategy backed up by very good original content, and you need to try different things to see what works best for you and your audience.

KristineS
06-03-2016, 11:24 AM
It takes time to grow an audience, especially one that will stick around and contribute. All you can do is create good content and let people know that it's out there. What happens after that is up to them. If your content clicks with the people who check out your blog, you'll build an audience.

LocalSearchSolutions
08-10-2016, 12:07 PM
If you are writing consistently and the quality is strong, you could see about inclusion into All-Top. If you're content has a small biz application, Biz Sugar may be an outlet also. Have you curated a following on LinkedIn? That's a great place to showcase your content as well.

If you are willing to spend, using Facebook targeting to find your most likely prospects and build an audience that way is always a good bet.

Harold Mansfield
08-10-2016, 12:57 PM
If you are writing consistently and the quality is strong, you could see about inclusion into All-Top. If you're content has a small biz application, Biz Sugar may be an outlet also.

Wow. I had no idea Alltop was still a thing. Do you visit Alltop frequently?

Creative Pile
08-12-2016, 10:41 AM
Content is king!! People will know the deference between good and bad content... and so will google. Start a podcast and use videos for explanations.

trunker
12-07-2016, 04:50 AM
Try writing about subjects that have very little to no competition. After your articles rank in the 1-3 positions on google you have 100% free marketing/traffic. Web development is very hard rank for though! I have had very little luck using Facebook to market my sites.

John Blake
12-08-2016, 07:18 AM
Originality and uniqueness - that is something that will draw your audience's attention! You can either choose a original topics to write about, or your approach to the more popular topic needs to be unique and unusual. You need to intrigue people out there and make them want to visit your side. And with a quality content they will come back:)

Nostromov
12-14-2016, 05:00 AM
Alltop
Never even heard of it. xD Usually just scanning for interest-related stuff @
https://news.ycombinator.com/:)

lopez
04-28-2017, 02:08 AM
Yea, Alltop is a good media to promote blogs. Also keep retweeting them in twitter, don't stop.

MariDari
09-06-2017, 10:26 PM
there should be some promoters in fb and instagram, you pay them and they mention you in their video of advertise your blog

Smith's daughter
10-25-2017, 04:20 AM
Well almost any social network can be effectively used to promote your blog if done correctly.You can try to write and publish it on LinkedIn. However, don’t forget to use Facebook as it is having the most number of users. So, you have a great option to build a community and the strong relationship with your customers.

Smith's daughter
10-25-2017, 04:21 AM
Well almost any social network can be effectively used to promote your blog if done correctly.You can try to write and publish it on LinkedIn. However, don’t forget to use Facebook as it is having the most number of users. So, you have a great option to build a community and the strong relationship with your customers.

AmandaKess
10-27-2017, 12:22 PM
You're on the right track. TBH, the best thing you can do is ensure you have really quality content that provides value. Have you tried sharing any of your stuff on reddit? It can be a mixed bag, but one really successful post can make a big difference for your traffic.

Skydog
03-14-2018, 02:38 PM
As with anything else, it's going to take time. You might consider building a customer avatar to hone in on your target market, then develop a marketing strategy around that.

How To Create Your Ideal Customer Avatar To Attract New Clients (http://shaebaxter.com/ideal-customer-avatar-attract-new-customers/)

ayoubafandy
03-15-2018, 10:57 AM
social media , High authority websites

enevins87
03-16-2018, 06:10 AM
I've found that good boosts of traffic come from writing blog posts that include content from other sources/blogs. Be sure to include links and sources in your post, so that when you publish it, you can then reach out to each of your sources. By doing this you can say that you loved their content (it always feels good to have someone else like your work) and that you linked to them (they'll especially love the free promotion!). In all likelihood you can get some free shares of your content this way, as many people will reciprocate the promotion, especially if your content is good.

engage123
06-10-2019, 07:32 PM
You may want to promote it via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and other social media platforms.

chrismarklee
06-11-2019, 09:21 PM
I use local Facebook to target my customers for my Income Tax business.

Willie Posey
10-19-2019, 04:59 AM
You can share the blog on popular social media platform where you have got a good chunk of engagement. Apart from that, utilize the blog url while posting similar blogs.

tourexopeter
10-21-2019, 03:58 AM
You can promote your blog on google, social media and local business listing sites.

Cheap flights bookings (https://www.tourexo.com/)