PDA

View Full Version : Lists of Manufacturers - Oregon

HEIT
05-31-2016, 07:06 PM
Hello!
I have been searching various resources for a list of manufacturers in Oregon, to no avail.

Do you have any recommendations?

The information I am looking for is:
Manufacturer Name
Product
Address/contact info
Headquarters Location/Information

Wikipedia has a list of manufactures which are based in Oregon, but this refers to corporate headquarters.

I would imagine that the Secretary of State or Dept. Of Labor Statistics would have such a list, but I have yet to find anything.

Thanks in advance!!!

Harold Mansfield
05-31-2016, 10:49 PM
What kind of "manufacturer"? Cars? Furniture? Small electronics? Picnic tables? Rollercoasters? You need to narrow it down and ask specifically for what you want both here and when doing research elsewhere.

HEIT
06-01-2016, 01:34 AM
Any manufacturer.
What I stated is precisely what I need.

The product manufactured by the entity is just a piece of information that would be on such a list.
I need not narrow the scope. Any company that produces a physical product: A manufacturer.

Harold Mansfield
06-01-2016, 10:56 AM
Any manufacturer.
What I stated is precisely what I need.

The product manufactured by the entity is just a piece of information that would be on such a list.
I need not narrow the scope. Any company that produces a physical product: A manufacturer.
So a group of old ladies who makes quilts and sells them on eBay as an LLC would be a manufacturer.

Given that broad scope, I don't know of any organization or resource that keeps those kinds of stats. You can search online and get all kinds of information about manufacturing, stats, GDP, imports, exports, estimated number of employees, info by industry, whatever. But there is no all purpose, general manufacturing count of every possible entity. It's too broad and you will not find accurate information searching that way.

You'll probably have to gather info from a few sources for a few industries, and then estimate the rest.

Check with your state office of economic development or local universities.

turboguy
06-01-2016, 11:07 AM
It is probably going to be hard to come up with good lists.

Try this first. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_companies_based_in_Oregon

There are a few places you can buy lists. A few of the larger ones are:

InfoUSA | Mailing Lists | Email Marketing Lists | Business | Sales Leads | Consumer (http://www.infousa.com)

Sales Leads | Company Info | Industry Analysis | Hoovers (http://www.hoovers.com)

Just for the record I had a very bad experience with InfoUSA. About 5 or so years ago we wanted to do a mailing to Rental stores in the USA. I bought their list of 6000 rental stores that were described as the type of places that would rent tools and equipment which is what we wanted. I paid to have 6000 special brochures printed up for the mailing, got lots of envelopes, paid for first class postage and the list they sent was basically all porta potty rental places. It was a total waste of money. I will never use them again but I am sure some of their lists are better than that one.

jlee1994848
06-08-2016, 11:32 PM
If you have a library card you may be able to go online and use a service like Reference USA for free. You can look for businesses in all industries. You can even apply filters such as volume of sales, location, # of employees, etc. It's a great service if you local library supplies it.

John

SZ Alliance
08-29-2016, 04:44 AM
You can purchase business manufacturing directories. Have a look at your local library or on Amazon.