PDA

View Full Version : Add link to website?

ndlandis
07-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Hi! I'm just curious. I am finishing up my website and since I am a virtual assistant who will be working with other small business owners, I wanted to include some links that might be helpful for my clients. Is it ok to add a link to this forum on my website or is that a no no? Thanks for the info.

Harold Mansfield
07-17-2009, 08:23 PM
Hi! I'm just curious. I am finishing up my website and since I am a virtual assistant who will be working with other small business owners, I wanted to include some links that might be helpful for my clients. Is it ok to add a link to this forum on my website or is that a no no? Thanks for the info.

I am not a moderator here, but generally speaking...everybody loves inbound links. if this forum would be of help to others, as a member, we would love to have others join us..that's what it's here for.

Link away !

phanio
07-17-2009, 09:11 PM
Yes - add a link to your website directing to this forum as some of your clients might find some real useful information here. I have a link to this forum on my home page.

You can also create a signature line in your profile that could link back to your page - directing potential customers or interested parties to your site and it's information.

vangogh
07-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Oh by all means link to us. Linking to another site is generally good for that site and you really don't ever need permission to add a link to another site.

But if you want to make sure then I'll say unequivocally and absolutely link to the forum as often as you like and ideally directly to specific threads.

And as Joseph mentioned above do add a signature here with a link back to your own site. If you need help setting it up, just let me know. Then every time you post your signature with the link(s) will show. As long as you actively post people will click those links and visit your site and they also help a little when it comes to search engines.

keyword-research
07-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Yes now that you are finishing up the design, you should definitely promote it through external backlinks. This forum allows signature links as others have mentioned. This is the perfect spot to mention your own site. For that site to rank well on the search engines, you basically have to build a better link profile than your competitors. There's more to it, but that is the most important factor.